djaykdxr

May 23, 2000
In preparation for the 2001 riding season, I have followed the mods page by modified my 00-200 with an FMF gnarly pipe and TCII silencer, boyesen reeds, modified my airbox and did some tweeking on the carb. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE DIFFERENCE these mods made to the performance of my stock bike. OK... on to my question. I am looking to match my forks to my weight. I have read in this forum that the KDX comes "matched" for a 125lb rider. My weight is 170. I believe that the stock spring is a 0.35. Would I go up to a .36 or .37 or down to a .34 to match my weight? Do i change the spring or is there something else i should so. Some guidance please.
By the way.. Kawasaki.com has a section on their website that allows you to put in the make and yr or the VIN of your bike and look up all the parts diagrams of your bike. Very handy!!! www.buykawasaki.com/site/home/

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
At 170lbs you’ll want to go up to a 0.40kg/mm fork spring. Give them a try and if you are still looking for more improvement then consider installing an up dated compression valve. You can find some feedback on suspension upgrades at: www.justkdx.dirtrider.net, click on tech tips then ProjectKDX.

David

GREENBEAN

Jan 8, 2000
RaceTech has a good website with an interactive feature which can help you select your Valving and spring rate.
I am 170 and it suggested a .42 spring for me. It reccommended to round up to the next highest available spring. This probably will be my next MOD. I am not sure if the weight you give should be without or with gear cause with gear I probably am closer to 180-185...Hmmmm I wonder but I personally wouldnt go over a .42. Unles it was for riding on a Supercross Track!!

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
I weight 175 lbs/B enduro rider and .40 springs (as suggested by Race Tech) were perfect. .42 unless you are an aggresive rider I would think would be too stiff,

GREENBEAN

Jan 8, 2000
I do ride aggressively and I keep thinking about how I was bottoming out while riding/jumping at the Sand Dunes. The rate I computed was like a .411 or something and I followed their advice and jumped up one size. Also, when I originally did the check I think I put in 176lbs for my weight too.

djaykdxr

May 23, 2000
Thanks for the tips "bean". I do like to ride aggressively. However the majority of riding in Central IL is wooded trails and flat out terrain. I think I will go with the .40 spring.

Let the sun shine... :cool:
dj

[This message has been edited by djaykdxr (edited 03-20-2001).]

Top Bottom