mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i realize that getting you guys to ride mx is like pulling teeth but i though i'd give it another try. they are having a free race at xtremeworld in tulsa friday nite. come give it a shot. just do it for the experience if nothing else. kendall and i will be there.

1st Class Free
2nd & 3rd Class $10 each
Gate Fee $8

1st Thru 3rd Place Trophies

Gates 4:30
Practice 6:00
Race 7:30

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Jay, I guess Kendall and I are the only ones in this group that make organized events.
We'll just have to be content with seeing them at the trail/fun rides.... :ride:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
they always have a pitbike class.

looks like rain though. they canceled open practice tonite because the track is still too wet.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
We had planned on coming down Saturday to race Sooner State on Sunday, (which we have had on our calendar for quite some time), but they cancelled the race!!! I am still in disbelief that the tracks in OK can cancel races and still have a following. If we did that here there would be a huge backlash. :pissed:

Luckily we don't have the rain cancellations that you do down there. There was one race day the winds reached 60 mph gusts. The track owner wanted to stop the races after the first moto. His scorers booth blew down during intermission and he felt it was too dangerous for the riders to jump. We had a riders meeting and a vote and most everyone wanted to continue, so they did with no problems.
(Yes, I realize it is Easter Sunday, but we had hotel arrangements already.)
I guess we will just ride around here....

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Susan, the problem down here is the clay. It gets greasy at Sooner State, unlike Cooperland which gets boggy. Sorry you had to cancel your plans.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
one time, they canceled because the forecast called for heavy rain (it never happened). they canceled about two hours before the gates were scheduled to open. we were busy doing things (including driving to the track) so we had no way of knowing. needless to say, those of us that were waiting at the gate were pissed.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I never thought the different dirt composition would make that much of a difference. Makes sense. We now have 5 tracks in our series which makes it difficult to make it to any of the OK races. We really like SSCP and Anadarko and were excited at the opportunity to race SSCP this weekend. We were just disappointed that the Easter race had to be cancelled. The next time we will be able to get down there will be Ponce at Memorial Day....

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
65 degree weather, lots of sun, little wind and the six of us on a track all by ourselves for 5 hours... What a way to spend a Sunday!
SusanE

Top Bottom