Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
02yz426f said:
good way to get scammed IMO. Why would someone offer a service like that for free, when every other company charges $20 or more?

Exactly how are you going to be scammed? There is plenty of free vin information on the net if you have even the remotest idea how to use a search engine.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
02yz426f said:
good way to get scammed IMO. Why would someone offer a service like that for free, when every other company charges $20 or more?
This isn't the same as Carfax since it only tells you what you have, not where it's been and what's been done to it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
02yz426f said:
good way to get scammed IMO.

Maybe you should try and get a clue before you open your yapper. :|

The guy who runs the AnalogX site is a well known programmer who has been providing outstanding freeware programs for years. He is known all over the computer industry as a first rate programmer and an all around generous guy with his time.

There are loads of other GREAT utilities on the www.analogx.com website.

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
For example, someone can commit a crime with your vin number etched on their vehicle, then the cops come looking for you. It's not easy to clear your name when the police believe you have done something wrong. So why just hand your VIN to somebody who could sell it off to a criminal for some quick cash, no questions asked.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
02yz426f said:
For example, someone can commit a crime with your vin number etched on their vehicle, then the cops come looking for you. It's not easy to clear your name when the police believe you have done something wrong. So why just hand your VIN to somebody who could sell it off to a criminal for some quick cash, no questions asked.

Do you drive a car? Do you park in a parking lot ever? Does your vehicle sometimes find itself out in public? If yes then anyone can have access to your VIN pretty much whenever they want it. With cell phone cams and such, it only takes 1/2 of a second to snap it and have it for whatever purpose they choose at later date. VIN scamming should be least of your concerns on the net.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
02yz426f said:

Better hide under your bed, I think the black helicopters are circling over your house. :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
tinfoil-hat.jpg

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
I already own enough of those for the whole family. And that guy in the picture is my son. I'll see you guys when your beating on my bomb shelter when the chinese start to invade. PS. I wont let you in the shelter ever now...

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Yapper, LOL! Fast forward to 2019, Merica is still standing. Are you in your bomb shelter? LOL! 7fc1e349c3826cc13b6f8667ec201be5.jpg 2020 looks to be a good year for Merica!

Top Bottom