Friends bike won't kick start!!!

robace78

Apr 28, 2006
I'm not sure if anyone can help but my friends bike will not kick start. The spark plug is definetely gettting a spark when kicked. He can roll it down a hill and start it but for some reason it just will not kick start. Is it a dirty carb?? Does he need to adjust the carb? jetting?? any suggestions would be helpfull. It's weird because just a week and a half ago he could kick it and in 3 or 4 kicks it was money.. it would start. But then he flooded it once and every since it's been a problem. Thanks in advance for your help!!

OH he has a 125 2 stroke suzuki 2003......!!!!!

robace78

Apr 28, 2006
Reeds & Compression!!!!! 125 Suzuki 2 Stroke!!

Bike won't kick start but it will roll start. I have been told ot check the reeds and that I may have low compression. How do i get more compression??? Do the reeds have anything to do with compression?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!! I am still learning!! :boss:

dante

Mar 24, 2004
robace78 said:
sounds expensive huh???? :bang:

only one hundred buck for parts, labor well different story... a shop would charge you about 300 to 350 to do a top end... after you do it, you'll wish you did it sooner, cause your bike will scream :cool:

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
rmrida42990 said:
turn gas on give full throttle twice trun choke on give 2 slow kicks then one hard one
:think: It's a RM125. Full throttle x2 will just let some air in. I think the plug is half gone from the flooding incident. If everything was fine before that and nothing else has changed.. I say a new plug is a cheap test.

robace78

Apr 28, 2006
Thanks for all the help. He had low compression and we put in a new piston yesterday. It starts first kick everytime now!!!

02rm125

Mar 15, 2006
sounds almost exactly like what happened to my bike. I changed plugs and it still wouldnt start....I'm checkin the compression tonight once i get my hands on a tester, because i'm sure thats what the problem is...

Top Bottom