KLXoldguy

Apr 2, 2001
Hello all I am new to DRN but not to dirt biking been doing it in the dirt for 38 yrs. My question is what is the hot front tire for my klx300. The original Dunlop 490 is worn out and I would like to try something different. I used to use the dunlop K139 on my KTM'S and like it alot but nobody seems to use them anymore. Any suggestions? I ride in all conditions here in the state of Washington. I mean everything mud,sand,lava rock, river rock we've got it all here. thanx KLXoldguy

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
Dunlop 755. .....excellent tration in everything except "ballbearing" gravel.
Be ready for an onslought of replies
wink.gif

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
well, I have owned 3 KLX's (currently have an 01 model) and I like either the Bridgestone ED11 or the Dunlop D756, both are excellent do it all tires and the ED11 is a 6ply which gives excellent flat protection. Used to use only the ED11 untill I tried the 756 and the 756 is good everywhere and excellent in mud and sand.

------------------
You weren't born knowing this stuff.

One Dollar

Mar 15, 2001
I just got a '00 KLX and it had new Michilin S12's front & back. They are great for the sandy trails here in Florida and I have had no complaints on the hardpacked limestone either.

------------------
2000 KLX300
2000 Polaris TrailBlazer (Wifes ride)
2000 E-Ton Rascal (Juniors ride)

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Well I'm from the West Cascades as well. If there is one thing we have, it is varied terrain. And of course, when connecting all those root, rock, and mud infested trails, your hanging it out on the fireroads. If I had to pick one front tire to ride on, and depend on, it would be the 490. There are better application specific tires, but for all around, Ive been using them for years.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
I wouldn't say "nobody" runs the K-139 anymore. I run it and think it's a great tire. When I pulled up in the camping area at the '00 Idaho spodefest, everyone commented on my excellent choice in front tire, as almost everyone riding thumpers had them.

------------------
Derek
'00XR400
Trailryder42s Picture Page

Top Bottom