Front Wheel Tractoring In Sand

KDXBADASS

Dec 14, 2014
Merced, Ca
Just tryin to sort out my KDX200. 1996 vintage. Went to desert in Mojave which was awesome, but when in a sand wash or anything loose the front wheel will not turn. It just carves into sand and down I go. I am short and cant touch the ground but that has never happened to me on other bikes. Forks not set up correctly? I am at a loss and any help would be appreciated.

kx200

Feb 1, 2001
Extending your fork legs out will help. also keep your weight back a little. Do not coast in deep sand your either on it or braking.

Last edited:

KDXBADASS

Dec 14, 2014
Merced, Ca
Extending your fork legs out will help. also keep your weight back a little. Do not coast in deep sand your either on it or braking.

My forks are in the clamps as far as they can go. I was kinda thinkin a really soft front end would dive and tractor in a turn. Maybe I'll just have to stay out of the sand. I'm really short and I cant get back very
far on the seat.
Thanks for your help

KDXBADASS

Dec 14, 2014
Merced, Ca
Thanks. I was going to get some fork springs anyway. These are stock I'm sure and I'm a fat ass.......So they are not right for me. I weigh about 215lbs
I'll set the shock sag loose too and see if that helps.
Randy

Top Bottom