GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
I've ridden both and have an XC/EC hybrid. It depends on your terrain, skill, and aggression level which might be best. ECs have a more mellow power delivery with a heavier flywheel. This is done with the ignition map only, porting is the same. The XCs sit a little taller (15mm) and are a little stiffer stock. For slick, tight, technical conditions, in stock trim, the EC is a better choice. The WP fork is a higher quality component than the Marzocchi, but the Zokes work well when set up and maintained properly.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
I just got a 2001 250 XC and I LOVE IT! I thought I might want the EC because I live in Colorado with a lot of mountains but the bike is so great I didn't need the heavier flywheel. Of course I am coming off of a GG 200 EC and the power different between the 200 and 250 is amazing. I really don't think you need the EC unless you are kind of slow and like to lug it. If you ride mid to top throttle you will love the XC. Good luck!

gasgasbill

Mar 24, 2001
I have a 2000 ec250 and love it!!! My bike is set up just for my riding style. My bike is very smooth and very,very FAST! the ec is more versatile it can do any thing the xc can do just smoother. As for as the whitepower over the marzocchi, I made a 45ft jump sunday and had no problem at all.

BILL

------------------
BILL L.

Josh Cook

Oct 6, 2000
RIGHT ON GG-bill, I baught one of the first
XC factory bikes made and spent a lot of time making the power more usuable... "EC"
like.. It still gets me there faster than I should go and I am less tired after a ride.

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
I also prefer the EC power, and my XC has a flywheel weight and EC ignition module. For the slick nasty eastern woods its the best choice, and like Josh said, much eaiser to ride especially when you get tired. Its still scary fast on top if you need to ride it there. I do prefer the WP forks for there decreased maintanence requirements, but the Zokes are an excellent rock fork when set up right.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
My local dealer said that they are to be provided software and an interface to program a choice of 3 maps in the Kokusan module from a PC. It is not to be made available to the customer. I don't know if any dealers have the system yet.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

Top Bottom