JohnnyMac

Jun 18, 2000
I recently put a 2001 520MXC tank onto my 2001 520SX. I noticed after the switch that the choke hole is about an inch off. When I turn the choke off I barely catch a corner of it through the hole in the tank. Since I use the choke only once a ride, I’m not really too concerned about it, just a little curious why. Also, the hole lines up perfect with my SX tank on.

Does the carb sit closer to the engine on the SX’s ?
Do all the MXC tanks come factory like this?

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
Check the installation of the tank on your bike.Make sure it is seated correctly.It may not be in the two rubber grommets (above the engine)correctly.Did you have to buy a new seat?:D

JohnnyMac

Jun 18, 2000
It does use a differant seat than the SX. (I believe the MXC and EXC seats are the same). I have to get the "Post" that holds the seat to the tank today, but even when I lay the new seat on, it seens as though it will line up perfect. I'm going to ask the dealer about it today when I pick up my new part.

Tiger

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
MXC tanks...

Johnny,

I have a 2001 KTM 400 MXC. My choke does not line up "perfectly" either. On an SX you'll need the black radiator grommets (2) that are only found on the MXC lines. It'll make the tank snug fit. Most dealers say they don't exist. You can see them when looking at the front of the bike. Same as the ones found under the tank (On MXC's). Good luck.

Paul

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom