NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer

Oh man, there's nothing I love more than provin' a man wrong! :p

If you don't make it on the first attempt does that mean you're gonna be the DD that night?

There is one absolutely positive way that I know will prevent you from making that climb on the first try - I just have to be following you. You'll come to a turn - however, slight - bobble and fall over into me as I pass you :p

I can't wait.......

Brian

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Speedy,

I climbed that hill several times last year on my 200.
1. Get as good a run as possible at the bottom. Check it out before you attempt the hill and pick out a good line and eliminate any surprises.
2. Hit that baby wfo in 3rd gear.
3. Stay up on the front wheel more than you think, so you don't loop it.
4. Hold the throttle on steady and use the clutch to regulate the power to the rear wheel. Try not to pull in the clutch all the way as that will kill your speed. Burn it!
5. There are a couple turns near the top. Look forward and choose a line. Stick with it for better or worse, because changing lines in deep sand is tough enough when you're not on a hill.
6. Celebrate your victorious climb by laughing at Brian :thumb:

My money's on you.

Brian, what is the wager?

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Wrong hill Jimmy (I think) this hill is straight up. It gives one very slight 20% turn to the right at the very top where there is a lot of flat rock type traction. I agree 3rd gear at the bottom PINNED in the sandy portion. When the bike lugs down a bit hit 2nd - NO CLUTCH and continue. If you then start to lose RPMS keep working the clutch like Jim says.

I thought the wager was the one (Brian or Aimee) who doesn't make it up the hill first , has to ride back down NAKED!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
oh, man....

I don't think I could take seeing Brian naked.... :scream:

Speedy? well..... :yeehaw:

<grin> - ET

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Crap, I asked Eddie about the hill and he likened it to the first hill on the Malcom Smith trail at Big Bear. The one Tree and I tried repeatedly to get up to no avail. :( I think I could have made it though if I could have seen where I was going. The sun was setting and would beam you right in the eyes when you reached a certain point. That's where we kept loosing it.

Naked, in February? Not gonna happen. You wanna see nekkid, maybe Mick will give an encore presentation of his nighttime poker run ride at DW. :p

I'll give it a shot. I won't promise it will be graceful but I'm determined to make it to the top! :)

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by Strick
I thought the wager was the one (Brian or Aimee) who doesn't make it up the hill first , has to ride back down NAKED!

Wouldn't be much to see in my case - shrinkage happens. Don't matter if it's water or air temp......

Brian

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
:confused:

In the immortal words of David Niven at the Academy Awards as a streaker ran onto the stage behind and then exited right.

He turned back around to the audience -- and quite non-plussed -- said,

"It's terrible when a man has to air his shortcomings in public."

Of course, that brought the house down. :thumb:

You and Speedy ought to do what Susan and I do... bet pushups!

Loser has to do 5 pushups in the pits next to the starting gate.

Deal? :)

- RandyB

PS By the way, I just did pushups for Susan (The Ant) because she finished on the same lap as me at the Elsinore Grand Prix! Little stinker is getting faster! :yeehaw:

Top Bottom