CRPilot

~SPONSOR~
Apr 5, 2000
In order to get a great workout in, in less than an hour, including cardio, try this:

Bench press to rear arm raises to Lat pulldown, with no rest between exercises and 3-4 circuts.

Squat or lunges to incline dumbell press to leg extention to leg curl, with no rest between exercises and 3-4 circuts.

Bicep curl to tricep extention to sit-up (or variation of), again with no rest and for 3-4 circuts.

If you do this aggressively I guarentee your heart-rate will be plenty high for cardio endurance. The advantage is each excersice is followed by one that works a new muscle while at the same time stretching the one you just worked. I typically am done is less than an hour and have a complete workout from head to toe. Since every major group is used I only do it twice a week with great results.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I have heard from a fitness expert (can't remember who, or if this is true) that it takes at least 40-45 min of your heartrate at a high pace to start burning the carbs that you don't need.

My personal opinion on getting in shape for MX= There is nothing that will get you in shape more than practice. When you are so tired that you think you can not hold on for one more lap, do one more. The next time go two more laps than before and then one more. When you notice which parts of your body are suffering then go to the gym to strengthen them but keep practicing.

I have played alot of sports and there is nothing (including soccer) that is more physicaly demanding than MX.

------------------
SirT

Top Bottom