ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
We're going to get to Gladwin about 11 AM on Thursday to go riding again. We'll be trying the south loop & give it a go, now that we've got a little more experience. We're going to work on our whoops and berms technique.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Gladwin_GPS.jpg

Our trip got cut short by a broken clutch cable on my friend's '71 Suzuki TS185. It was too bad, because Ted was really starting to get the hang of riding that old machine in the whooped-out sand. I think he started seeing the advantage of getting a newer bike, especially after towing it out of the woods. This particular bike was his late father's motorcycle, and it had been left in crates in the basement for fifteen years before Ted and I put it together again.

Ted's TS185 was one of the reasons I started looking for my own dirt bike, after so many years.

The south loop section was *just* getting good, too!

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Transam,

How about I let you ride my track in Bath and you provide me the google maps data stuff. I have noticed you are a techie type who loves data. My track is only about 2.5 miles long and I would like to see a birds eye veiw and know more about it's actual length ect..

I usually try to ride on Wednesday evenings starting at 5/5:30

OK?

Fred Boling

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Thanks Fred,

I'd be glad to map your track for you! I have a GPS logger that I strap to the back of the bike and it does a pretty good job at tracking. It exports the data into a Google Earth fly-through format which can then be imported into Google Earth. I also have some mean screen capture software which is good at capturing the satellite images from Google Earth.

...maybe I can pick up & borrow those videos at the same time! I look forward to it--

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Transam,

Sorry for the delay, I have been away for a few days. Call me anytime 214-5577. I have the videos in my van for you. :cool:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Why the hell would anyone want to ride Gladwin. I rode it once and as soon as I got home ripped that page outta my map book and burned it. That trail is total garbage. Ill never be back.

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
YZMAN400 said:
Why the hell would anyone want to ride Gladwin. I rode it once and as soon as I got home ripped that page outta my map book and burned it. That trail is total garbage. Ill never be back.

I liked it. Twenty-two years ago.

Seriously Geels is close and so is Rose City.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
We rode Gladwin for a couple of reasons, such as Ted's uncle, who doesn't own a bike but does own a quad. However I will take a look at Geels & Rose City for next time.

Top Bottom