sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
will i be bummed if i go from a 450 exc to a new 200 xc or xcw? i am figuring out what it is going to cost me to get my bike ready for next year and what it would cost to trade my bike in on a new 200. i like the handling of the 2 strokes but the power feels weird to me now. also maintaining will be easier, always a plus.

i ride mostly tight trails and i am only 5'8" and 160lbs. sometimes my 450 can feel big and heavy. that is why i am looking at the 200.

Mar 18, 2006
I'm just yacking today, but. We have an "08 200xc. It is a powerful bike, and can be almost anything you want with powervalve adjustments and jetting. I have not ridden a 450 4 stroke of any brand; they probably have much more bottom. You will surely get some good opinions faster over on "KTM Talk". The 200xc is a really nice ride for sure, even if the clutch MC leaks, the fuel petcock loosens and leaks, the thing seized with 20hrs (covered on warranty and has been good all summer since - and probably my fault with aggressive jetting) :bang: , the end cap on the silencer has to be watched like a hawk - silicone fixes this, the '08 clutch basket is not well made..... All this and we still love the bike. That has to say something. ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I have a 400MXC and a 200MXC.

They are different as night and day for me. I like the power and weight of the 2 stroke and tolerate the weight and power of the 4 stroke.

I found that I am a 2 stroke guy through and through.

tyler_43

Jun 22, 2007
Personal preference, that's all it boils down to.
I'd prefer the 200xc whereas my dad is a lazy old guy and hates shifting so he likes the 450's better.
Try and get some seat time on a two-stroke and see if you like it.

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
i think what i am going to do is actually keep my 450 and watch for a good deal on a 200 maybe used. the ktm dealer near me said they would give me $3000 for my bike and the new 09 is 6300. so i think for the 3300 difference i might be able to find a couple year old 200 and have two bikes. i will use the 200 for the tight stuff and when i go to the state forrest i will take my 450. i have noticed on the wide open trails my 450 is a heck of alot better.

Top Bottom