Guys is ther any other parts i mite need to replace. Cheers.

Cr125 Nutter

Jul 2, 2013
Right guys iv just picked my self up a cr125 2000-2001 model witch was running abit crappy, (bogging down. Splutting etc,) so as soon as i got it home the next day i stripped the bike down to replace a few seals and bearing.

Things i found wrong and damage.

(1) Left hand side crank seal, (leaking) so replaced them both.

(2) water pump was (leaking) so i have replaced water & oil seals & new shaft.

(3) clutch arm seal (leaking) so replacd new seal.

(4) piston was sent to langcourt to be replated as the exhaust port was cracked.

(5) new clutch cable.

Put a new twin air filter in the box and oiled with (no toil oil & rim grease.

(6) drained transmission oil and filled with new.

(7) new spark plug.

Now im good when it comes to 2strokes as iv owen them for a few years so i can say when it comes to replacing parts its not a problem.
Just im hoping a few people on here could tell me if ther is any other parts i mite wonna replace on the bike to as i have it stripped down and apart. Is ther any other seals or bearing or may need to clean any thing out.

Many thanks guys

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
You have looked over the engine, but what about the rest of the bike?
brakes, wheel bearings, grease the linkage and swing arm, look at the sprockets and chain, etc

Dave

Cr125 Nutter

Jul 2, 2013
Hi thanks for the reply dave.

Yes iv checked the bike from top to bottom and all bearing and pads etc are ok all good. Also will be giving the linkage grease as well.

At the moment it just the engine im focusing on at the moment.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I would take a close look at the reeds for chips, cracks, or warping. No experience with that year 125 but I did have good results with V-Force reed blacks and reeds for older CR250s.

I assume ($) was actually cylinder and that you'll be throwing a new piston, ring(s?), and wrist pin bearing in it.

How was the play on the big end bearing of the crank?

What kind of shape is the outer clutch basket and hub in?

Cr125 Nutter

Jul 2, 2013
Thanks for the reply fella.

Yea iv checked the reeds in the reedblock. (Boyesen reedblock that is) and thay are in good order with no chips etc.

Also yh im going to be putting a new (piston) (rings) (weist pin bearing) in as its a new barrel.

I have a talon clutch basket witch is a little worn and will be looking to replace it soon as im going to be sticking in a new clutch at the same time.

Im unsure of witch piston to order and witch one will be beat for the barrel could any ine give me help on this.

Thanks guys

EYY

May 22, 2010
If the cylinder is in good condition, or a brand new one, it will take the standard sized piston. It's up to you whether you go for a forged piston such as a wiseco or a cast item such as the stock item, both have their pros and cons, although I prefer forged pistons in my bikes. There's plenty of info regarding this on the net though so it wouldn't hurt to some research. How are your power valve/s (not sure how many it will have, I'm not too familiar with the workings of the cr valve configuration)

Top Bottom