H&H KTM in douglasville Georgia

kiktenminits

Mar 28, 2002
I dropped my 300exc off last year for repair. The bike was very clean and ready to be worked on. The bike was misfiring on top end. When I finally got the bike back DIRTY months later, naturally I rode it to see if the problem was rectified. It was not. H&H KTM bent me over for $280.00 charging for new reeds and a stator Upon disassembly by myself I found that both reeds had all 4 corners chipped and that the stator was original. When I took the old supposedly replaced parts back, they said, "you need to bring the bike back in for us to look at it." I asked them "why would I bring the bike back when you did not repair it in the first place" Their reply was to present me with a new set of reeds and that was it. I was to mad to pursue any further and vowed to never buy from H&H KTM again. They are sold out unless you are a Pro or "A" rider ,. H&H KTM gets the golden screw award for fouling the dirt world with their presence

Last edited:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
That's brutal. Have you considered reporting them to the Better Business Bureau? Also, have you checked to make sure it is, indeed, the same bike that you gave to them. It almost sounds like they lent it out for some to ride/race for awhile.

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Did you speak with Barry Higgins, the owner, or his wife?

They are good folks and well regarded in the offroad world. I would venture to say they will make it right if you can bring it to their attention.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you feel you have been wronged why not take it to the top? If you get road blocks go around them. If you can't speak face to face with the owner then call or email. Once they give ya' the heave-ho then you really have something to complain about. If I don't get satisfaction I ALWAYS take it up the ladder, somebody will either make it right or be willing to live with the concequences.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
So you left your bike with them for DIRTY months, eh? :D
I hope that's not thirty :uh:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there was a case in Florida where a guy bashed a VW dealer on a forum like this, and he ended up in court. I'm sure someone like OKIE could be at risk from this post, particularly if that KTM dealer is well-known. I've stopped bashing individual companies (except MXA, of course ;) ) after I read that.

Sounds like you could have worked on the bike yourself, and saved yourself DIRTY months of pain and suffering. :)

thermal

Sep 25, 2001
I bought my bike from H & H and have my repairs done there. Barry is a top notch mechanic and one great guy. If you call him on the phone I think that he will do whatever is required to make you happy. Remember that everyone is human and everyone makes mistakes and everyone pisses at least one person off.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I had a go around with them a few years back. I needed a part, called them WITH THE PART NUMBER, they sent me something totally different, then wanted ME to pay to ship it back! What a bunch of prize-winning jags! They won't be getting anymore of my cash.

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
I have to side with the others. H&H, Barry and his wife are good knowledgable motorcycle folk. Tell them the problem and I am confident they will fix it right for you.
Good luck

Maxed Out501

Apr 6, 2002
You should have strarted the bike before you left the shop. If it was dirty maybe it would have a wise thing to confront them before you left. Barry and the crew have been in this buisness too long to take advantage of customers like that. Good Luck.

Top Bottom