2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Bruce, is this what you are looking for?

Specification Sheet: VP Ultimate 2

Specific Gravity: .717 @ 60°F

Lead: Leaded

Color: Clear

RON: 105.8

MON: 100.9

RVP: 8.54

Distillation:
10% evap @ 126.8°F
50% evap @ 147.4°F
90% evap @ 210.4°F
E.P. @ 242.9°F

Specification Sheet: VP Ultimate 4

Specific Gravity: .718 @ 60°F

Lead: Leaded

Color: Clear

Motor Octane: 92.2

RVP: 9.66

Distillation:
10% evap @ 122.2°F
50% evap @ 149.7°F
90% evap @ 219.1°F
E.P. @ 266.7°F

Bruce, I think you have a inside line, but where do you get the "juice" for fuel doping?

I have a contact that I can get the straight MTBE from, but they want me to buy "thier" fuel instead of altering "other" brands.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I was just looking, didnt they list the O2 content before? :think:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I've tried all the local dealers, but no one had any Ultimate 2 (most claimed it didn't exist). One dealer said they carried it for a short time, but claimed poor demand, so they don't carry it anymore (this stuff just came out, so I don't see how that's possible). I called VP directly, and they said they probably had a supplier near Glen Helen if I became real desparate and couldn't find it anywhere else.

If I searched harder, I suppose I could find it somewhere (for about 70$ for five gallons), but I won't be bothered running around every time I need to go for a little ride (not to mention the cost).

I'll just slosh some C-12 into pump gas for now.....

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
thanks 2strokefun. a shop near me in SD has a can for $50 with tax, but now ive thought about it, i am not going to bother since a couple of gals of that stuff, race fees and by the time ive got to the track and back i will have spent $100 for the day. to be fair, the bike is running well on 50/50 pump c12 so i will leave it be.

angus

Dec 22, 2002
hey bclapham what bike are you thinking of putting the ult. 2 in? as i responded before using the ult. 2 vs. c-12 or pump gas is like a world of difference. yes it's expensive but just pouring in this gas and changing the main jet up one richer sure eased the pain from pulling $70 from my wallet. the gain in horsepower and throttle response is very noticeable and makes jumps right out of corners a whole lot easier. for me it gave more trust and confidence in my machine and my ability as a rider to try new jumps and also made cornering easier with less clutch use and more concentration on body position and speed into and out of the coners. like i said before i'm no sales rep, i'm just trying to give point of view from someone whose used this and will soon again for the 2004 mx race season.thanks for reading any questions i'll try to respond

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
angus- it will go in my rm 144 big bore, the bike runs good and i tune with different fuels and additives quite a bit- but the cost is setting silly for a days racing so i will leave the U2 alone since i dont want to get hooked

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Bruce, I ran the U2 last Sunday and that fuel Barks out some HP! Very crisp with an added top end pull.

U4 for the 4 stroke and U2 in the 2 stroke :thumb:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by MikeS
Wow $70 for a five...thats double your money,

That's only a guess based on Ultimate 4 prices (I couldn't find any, so I didn't ask). I'd think Bruce's 50$ price would be more accurate.

Still, availability is really lacking around here, so I'll stick with the cheaper and much more available C12.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Holeshot, where are you at in SoCal, I am in Yorba Linda. Ive been buying the C-12 from a Kart dealer next to Z-racing in Fullerton. Sometimes they are out so I am looking for more sources.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
C-12 is commonly available in the Inland Empire. I bought my last can from Riverside motorsports (another one of those expensive places), but Malcolm Smith's and Crapparal ususally stock it as well.

The cheapest place to get race gas seems to be Terry Varner's Motorsports. I was just quoted 38.95 for 5 gallons of Ultimate 2. :eek: (they don't stock any, but claim a one day delivery to their shop). At that price, I just might try some, but I won't believe it until I have it in my hands at that cost.

Varner's phone is 909 608 2103

Last edited:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Thanks Holeshot, Ill check them out. That seems like a good price, about what I pay for C-12 in the can.

Where are the located, I do make it to areas of 909 every week on business. Depending on where, it might be easy for me to pick up.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
sounds good, i'm afraid to try it. I've got a stock car guy right next to the track with $4/gal Sunoco. It's not the best race fuel for a dirt bike, but not the worst either. It's "safe" and consistent.

Top Bottom