Have your bike hauled to Reno and fly out! Midwest people check this out!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well Darby would make #8. Nikdog, Walt, Lou - do we have a solid plan? I'd bet there will be 1 or 2 more that will come to their senses before then and want to come along.

WooHoo - I can't wait.

Darby - this is something you will NOT regret :yeehaw: I'm sure I could make a riding trip to LBL and bring Darby's bike back to my place also.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Yep
A solid plan has been confirmed. The arrangement is this:
6 bikes or less, Walt and Big Lou drive Walts pickup (F150 2 wheel drive). :ride:
7 -10 bikes, Walt and Big Lou drive Nik & Reds truck (F350 Diesel 4X4) :aj:

Prices
4-6 bikes 250 each
7 bikes aprox 230 each
8 bikes aprox 190 each
9 bikes aprox 160 each
10 bikes aprox 140 each

Disclaimer and other useless babblings:
on 4-6 bikes, price is firm unless gas goes over 2.30 a gal
on 7-10 bikes, deisel prices will affect final cost
Towing vehicle owner (s) will not pay fee and will recieve a "rental fee". trailer owner will also be given a small/fair rental fee.

A few things to keep in mind, Lou and I will be missing work and driving your bikes from KC to Reno. around 3300 miles round trip, through Colorado, in February, (snow). This trip will be at least 24 hours driving time each way with clear roads. The plan is to leave KC at noon on Wednesday. We will do our best to get there Thursday afternoon. If time permits, we would go strait to Moonrocks for your riding pleasure. Weather and road trip issues will dictate our arrival time. As long as roads are clear, we will drive strait thru.

Anouther topic that comes up is we all owe Nik and Red a GREAT BIG thank you. It should not be taken lightly that they are letting us use their monster truck to pull this off. :worship:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Walt:

You will enjoy the ride out. It isn't really that bad unless it gets to 24 below like last year.

If you use Red's truck be sure you have the bra if it needs one for cold weather.

It is going to be an epic adventure! :yeehaw:

Is it February yet?

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I call first bike on the blender!! :aj:
Maybe I won't have to bull dog a "cliff' this time! :yikes:

Last edited:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Ok, I just got off the phone with H20, and he told me he WANTS those last two slots on the trailer. Walt, He's gonna call you, ands firm up on it with ya.
This should make for a full boat from the midwest now!!

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
I had a 36 hour hold on those last 2 spots for Darby, so if he dont confirm them, they go to H2O.
Id say its a full load for now

Walt

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
JP is out, I cant believe it :debil:

Darby is x 2 now, his bro is coming.

9 confirmed on the Midwest haul to date.

Lou, is it possible to sqeeeeeeeeeze an 80 on the trailer, in addition to the 7 full size bikes, wadda ya think?
If so, H20 (Brad) and his son would join us.

B

biglou

Ha! Not a bad idea! Here's the load from last year:
http://performancefactorymx.com/RENO/pages/DSC01972.htm
http://performancefactorymx.com/RENO/pages/Reno%20%2704%20Trailer%20(Medium).htm
http://performancefactorymx.com/RENO/pages/Reno%20%2704%20Trailer%20(Medium)%20(2).htm
http://performancefactorymx.com/RENO/pages/Reno3.htm
http://performancefactorymx.com/RENO/pages/Reno4.htm

I might be able to squeeze the big bikes a bit closer together, giving us another 6" or so at the back.

Another thing we need to discuss-gearbags. If everyone could bring the smallest gearbag possible that would be great. :cool:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Please let me know that it is okay for H2O and his son. I will let him know today to go ahead and confirm air reservations. He's already bunking with me and Velcro. Thanks.

B

biglou

We had some gear with us. Don't recall who checked and who had it transported. Just with 11 riders, the more compact the better for sure. Passenger seat must recline for naps!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I'll plan on taking my gear on the plane, don't really want it sitting out on an open trailer. Hopefully everyone will do the same, 11 gearbags takes up a huge amount of room and weight.

If I was you I'd limit the trailer to bikes, gas cans and a couple toolboxes.

h20

~SPONSOR~
Apr 4, 2003
:yeehaw: I'm In just got off the phone with walt he said
they would have room on the trailer for both bike :yeehaw:

:worship: THANK YOU Walt,Lou, Rick and Eddy :worship:

H2o

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Just got off the phone with Gnarly (he's back at work after 3 months) and he's estatic that Brad and Bradley are going. I know Velcro will be happy. He'll have someone to hang out with!!

He'll call or email you later Brad. Congrats.

Mrs. Gnarly

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Im collecting funds for the bike haul. Check your email for my address.

Im starting to get excited, :ride: 9 weeks to go and it'll be here before you know it. :yeehaw:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Walt, have you thought about what route you going yet?

Rick - we need to visit about getting all the bikes in this area to KC or wherever the pickup spot is. And back.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Eddie,
Plan 1
I need to talk to Nik and see if Im getting the truck on Tuesday, 6pm ish. If I do this might work out.
I was considering going thru St Louis on Tuesday night and perhaps sleeping there at your place from midnight till 6am wed. Then hitting the road to KC. I need to be at Lous between 10 and noon. How long does it take to get there from your place? As you can see Im still in the planning stages here. If this is the case I could haul a trailer also.

Plan 2
I get the truck the Sunday before and then its quicker for me to go 80 - Iowa - KC. If this is the case, Ill leave at 4 from my house and drive strait thru to Lous, getting there just after midnight.

Im needing to talk to Nik & Red first.

Walt

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom