Hello? Anyone Home??

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I just rode my bike last Sunday for the first time in 5 months. I was diagnosed with a "tiny" tear in my rotator cuff and then I got a real bad case of tennis elbow. No surgery but 5 months of PT and it is much better. The Theraband Flexbar is amazing for tennis elbow. It’s actually been a good excuse to do some cardio after the PT while I’m still the exercise mode. It felt good to be back on the bike but it was very obvious that the cardio I did was not enough :NOD:
It has been so warm up here in the northeast that I may get out for a ride after Christmas. I’m lovin the El Nino that Carlos sent so keep it coming!
Have a Merry Christmas!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
There are still a few of us roaming the halls around here :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Life got busy for everyone. Glad you are getting to ride.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Life got in the way... I rode a couple times this year and hope to get a bike this year and start riding again. All depends on what I decide to do with my daughter... I love cycling with her in the trailer which makes giving up a day to ride considering the closest place is 2 hours away hard to do b/c I could do stuff with her instead.

But I still watch and stay up with things as much as I can.

Looking forward to the start of SX this weekend.

Ivan

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
I check in occasionally just to see what's going on.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Still out there breaking trees Bundy?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
OBAMA RATED 5th BEST PRESIDENT IN OUR HISTORY.
After all of the exhausting research I must go along with their conclusion. You may not agree.

Texas A&M survey calls Obama 5th best President America has ever had!

Good research work by a fine institution! From a total of 44 USPresidents: Obama is rated as the fifth best.

Texas A&M's Public Relations Office released this statement:
"After nearly eight years in office, Americans have rated President Obama as the fifth best President ever”.

These are the rankings according to Texas A&M’s most recent public survey:

1. Reagan was first,
2. Twenty-four presidents tied for second,
3. Seventeen other presidents tied for third,
4. Jimmy Carter came in fourth, and
5. Obama came in fifth.

Reactions: Vic

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
OBAMA RATED 5th BEST PRESIDENT IN OUR HISTORY.
After all of the exhausting research I must go along with their conclusion. You may not agree.

Texas A&M survey calls Obama 5th best President America has ever had!

Good research work by a fine institution! From a total of 44 USPresidents: Obama is rated as the fifth best.

Texas A&M's Public Relations Office released this statement:
"After nearly eight years in office, Americans have rated President Obama as the fifth best President ever”.

These are the rankings according to Texas A&M’s most recent public survey:

1. Reagan was first,
2. Twenty-four presidents tied for second,
3. Seventeen other presidents tied for third,
4. Jimmy Carter came in fourth, and
5. Obama came in fifth.

:LMAO::OHYEAH:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I liked it. Painful to read until you get to the punch line! :LOL:

Reactions: Vic

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Still riding, just a more diverse group of bikes these days. BIkes_4q_2015.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Like nature abhorring a vacuum I seem to abhor empty space and find a way to fill it with cool stuff. A 3 car garage that I don't park my daily driver in seems a bit small lately.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Indeed. My two car garage is filled. I have a path to walk through it into my workshop area that all of the benches is littered with torn apart motors, suspension, and tools.
IMG_1715.JPG

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
What, no Hyper?

I sold the HyperMotard a few years ago when my hip got so bad I couldn't ride for more than 15 minutes. Eventually I got the hip replaced and a 2015 KTM 1290 Super Duke R filled the empty slot left by the Hyper . Hard as it was to believe eight years of technology advancement makes the Hyper feel like an electric scooter compared to the KTM.

2015-KTM-1290-Super-Duke-R-DRN.jpg

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Still have my Hyper. I have thought about letting it go a couple times but it's such a lovable brute. I also acquired a Multi a couple years ago and do a lot of two-up touring with my better half.

I have ridden a Super-duke. I was blown away by the power while at the same time how comfortable and well mannered it was. Great bikes.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I do miss my HyperMotard at times. It's still one of the best looking bikes I've ever owned, and the sound of that dry clutch at lights was one of my all time favorite features. It always felt light I was riding an overgrown CRF450, which always made me smile.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I do miss my HyperMotard at times. It's still one of the best looking bikes I've ever owned, and the sound of that dry clutch at lights was one of my all time favorite features. It always felt light I was riding an overgrown CRF450, which always made me smile.

Yeah, it is sad to think that the Hyper was one of the last Ducs with the dry clutch. I love the sound and also how clean the engine oil stays. I just added a 48t basket and clutch pack to mine. Same great sound but smoother action.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The one thing I regret was not adding a slipper clutch to my Hyper while I still had it. After riding a couple of bikes with it, I'm totally hooked on the fun that comes with it.

I'm redoing my 2002 CRF450 DTX/Motard bike this year as a 511cc stroker motor and will be adding a Hinson slipper clutch to the fun. Should make for some interesting riding on dirt and asphalt for those days when a SuperDuke or HyperMotard just isn't hyper enough. ;)

DTX_SM_450_DRN.jpg

upload_2016-5-19_14-3-33.png

DTX_19s_OTN.jpg

Last edited:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
The one thing I regret was not adding a slipper clutch to my Hyper while I still had it. After riding a couple of bikes with it, I'm totally hooked on the fun that comes with it.

I'm redoing my 2002 CRF450 DTX/Motard bike this year as a 511cc stroker motor and will be adding a Hinson slipper clutch to the fun. Should make for some interesting riding on dirt and asphalt for those days when a SuperDuke or HyperMotard just isn't hyper enough. ;)

View attachment 19467

View attachment 19469

View attachment 19468
Love the wheels and brakes........should have no problems stopping, lol!

We're on our second Multi now. We started with a 2011 S model and traded for a barely used 2014 Pike Peak last fall. I could not believe the difference in handling between cast and forged wheels....made a believer out of me.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I love the Pikes Peak Multi. For sure light wheels make an amazing difference.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom