XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Does anyone know of a site that sells Helmet Cams besides www.helmetcameras.com? I went to Helmetcamera.com 1 time and in the last day I can't get nothing but an error when I go to there page, They had the whole system except for the recorder for $259 and now the darn site won't come up. Anyone know of anyother Helmet Cam companys that has high quality product for around the same price? Probably won't get any responses to this but I thought I would give it a try, Thanks,Matt

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

wsmc831

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
get the kit. Mine came yesterday. Recommeded from a friend that works with this professionally, and uses it on his race cars. This is what he told me to get....very nice.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Go to EBAY and type in Helmet Camera

there is a guy that sells them on there for a decent price, can't vouch for quality though

Rod

blampright

Nov 5, 2002
I have a helmet camera for sale the is much better than those $259 www.helmetcamera.com cameras. And, mine comes with the recorder which those do not. You must already have a camera that has analog video inputs on it to use those cameras.<br>
Mine is a Hitachi VM-H100LA hi8 camera which has a separate lens that mounts to your helmet. You put the recorder part in your back pack. I bought a wide angle lens for it (must have). Without the wide angle lens things just didn't look right. This camera works awesome as a helmet cam!<br>
I have a video on my website that was taken with this camera. Keep in mind it has been compressed for the web and look much better when viewing on TV.
If you're interested email me motoxer@xmission.com

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
okie do you have the 480 or 380?

the helmetcams.com ones look better but its like 2-3 times as much...hmm decision decision

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Originally posted by limitless
the helmetcams.com ones look better but its like 2-3 times as much...hmm decision decision

Go ahead and get the helmetcam one. It's worth the money. I've got the 380 line kit and I'm very happy. I'm going to make some other mounts for it.

The only problem that I can forsee is snagging the cable that comes out of the camera. Once that happens, It's lights out folks. I think all of them have this same flaw. Unless you know someone that works for a Sports TV Show. I don't.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
helmetcams.com is high dollar stuff... I doubt most of us can justify it. I'm very happy with the cam from helmet camera.com , great quality. No problem toting the video cam in a good fanny pack. Route the cables up thru your shirt to the remote lens. No problem.

For the typical hobbyist, $300 or so is right on target, if not high. As mentioned, you do need a camcorder that can accept video in from an external source. Getting more common, but typically found in the better cams. I use a Sony TVR30 DV. (it's on the high end of the scale, but sweet)

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
That website hasnt been updated in like a year (or so I've heard). I'm going to give him a call on monday and get the scoop on them. I'll pass the info along as soon as I get a hold of the guy.

Top Bottom