Helmets: What brand are you wearing

• Total voters

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
I'm looking to buy a new helmet for next season. I have been using an HJC one for the past 2 years and it has been good to me, but is getting too small.

just wondering what kind you are using :cool:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
One Industries Trooper... love it!! :cool:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I've been using the O'Neal helmet for years now. I just got a 7 Series O'Neal for Christmas, if fits perfect, has all the good stuff (removable liner, good venting, etc.). I can't wait go scratch that thing up, it's just too new looking. :)

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
right now im looking at a HJC SPX helmet. anyone have one they would like to comment on?

i like the oneal helmets because they look great and dont cost as much as the Shoei, Arai, and TLD ones.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
sixds said:
i like the oneal helmets because they look great and dont cost as much as the Shoei, Arai, and TLD ones.

That's the very reason I put the O'Neal on my list to Santa. Good looks, all the good stuff, and a very reasonable price for brain/face/skull insurance.

Apr 30, 2007
AFX, FX-6 (I think).

I've had it for way too many years at this point...since I was 12 actually...

Time to upgrade!

rostifer

Mar 23, 2006
Get whatever you want as long as its over $150. Believe me any less you'll be getting a crappy helmut. Sales don't count though. Original price. Im not talking about good deals on ebay and stuff like that.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I have always worn HJC helmets and crashed on them quite a few times too.They have always stood up well and been comfortable.I just recently bought an HJC fang helmet and love it,looks really nice too.I think the HJC helmets are a little heavier than some,but I prefer a sturdier helmet.

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Weird shaped head here! I have a hard time finding helmets that fit me well. All the top line brands that i've tried didn't suit me for one reason or another and i had made up my mind that i wasn't going to settle on a pricey helmet if it didn't fit. Found the Thor force and i really like this helmet!

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I have a Fly 'Lite' Rat Rod, and I've been really happy with that helmet, but I bought it a size too large. Today I just ordered the Oneil 708 Havoc and it felt nice when I put it on... Btw, does anyone want to buy a 6 mnth used Fly Lite Rat Rod helmet, size "Large." :)

Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
rostifer said:
Get whatever you want as long as its over $150. Believe me any less you'll be getting a crappy helmut. Sales don't count though. Original price. Im not talking about good deals on ebay and stuff like that.

If you get a helmet that's snell and dot approved then you can be assured that your helmet will keep you safe. I have a helmet under $150 and quite honestly it's not piece of junk. I don't know where you got the opinion that anything under $150 is crap. Can you say "Slave to corporate logos"? Ohh by the way I use HJC helmets both on street and dirt. Never had any problems. I bought my girlfriend a KBC brand helmet. I believe it's snell and dot approved and it has a matte finish design on it that looks really rad. You should check out there lineup. Just my 2 cents
Sincerely,
The guy with the crappy helmet just under $150.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
last time i check thor was made by hjc and the hjc cost less then the thor line same helmets diff. name on them

CJG

Nov 24, 2001
I'm currently wearing a Shoei and I have an Arai street helmet both are excellent. For the money the high-end HJC may be the best value going. I had one briefly and was impressed with it for the price. I've worn Arai and Shoei pretty much exclusively for the last 20 years or so, both street and dirt. But, considering the price, I would seriously consider an HJC or a ONE Trooper if I were in the market for a new helmet right now.

flying flea

Mar 18, 2008
bottom line, its about protection and not looks. hjc has always bucketed my brain and will continue to do so. its great, comfortable, padding around your head, and then the real head saver stuff isnt scratching up your head. ive heard and seen helmets that look great, but crack and can still not protect your head. i could get my face melted by a knobby with my hjc on and id be just fine. the two things you never want to buy budget brand on, is helmets and boots. .02

:ride: :ride:

cthowards

~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2006
Both me and my 9 year old had Fox Tracer helmets. He had what I thought was a minor crash and got a concussion. So, now we each have an Arai VX Pro III. Excellent craftsmanship, great features and excellent fit. Mine was a tad too big but I was able to order thicker padding and now it fits perfect (you can order headliner padding and check pads in 5mm increments to get a perfect fit). There's no doubt that Arai is more expensive but I had the money and was not willing to take a chance of my son getting another concussion if I could have sent him out in the best helmet I could afford. Also, if you buy a close out from last year, they are much cheaper.

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
I have an HJC that fits really snugly and it looks pretty sweet :nod:

Top Bottom