HELP please! 2001 RM 250 Power Valve Actuator, Lower end

anda1983

Jul 25, 2012
Hi guys, any help would be greatly appreciated! I have been trying to get my 01 RM 250 to run correctly for god knows how long :bang: Nevertheless, I have finally identified that the power valve actuator it only working intermittently. See Video: (I cannot insert a link: go to YouTube and enter 2001 RM 250 Power Valve / Exhaust Valve Action...

I was hoping someone here can help me identify what exactly is going on... My power valve operates intermittently at best! Check out the YouTube video. I had the Mic sensitivity turned down all the way, but the bike was still too loud to record. Nevertheless, the actuator rod will move all the way up under high revving. More often than not I have to give the actuator rod a little bump up with my finger to get it to operate properly. I have been experiencing this problem for quite sometime (years), but this is the first time that I have removed the powervalve actuator rod cover to see exactly what was going on.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I would suspect the governor is not working correctly. Your problem should be somewhere in part numbers 19-28.

wesg1334

Oct 17, 2012
power valve intermittent

I recently had the pleasure of taking out and cleaning my powervalve 2002 rm 250. I too was having inconsistent powerband, what i found was on each side of the cylinder the power valve has a bushing / bearing that allows it to rotate, these bushing/ bearings were simply worn out on both sides of the cylinder (there are two). These can both be accessed from outside the cylinder through the inspection covers, the outer race should be cleaned with solvent and looked at closely the surface should be perfectly smooth on both. Hope this helps.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I had an intermittent issue with the powervalve either hanging open or hanging closed on my 97CR. It didn't happen at cold temps, only when the engine was fully warm. My problem turned out to be a crack in the cylinder that didn't cause a problem until hot.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
High Lord Gomer said:
I had an intermittent issue with the powervalve either hanging open or hanging closed on my 97CR. It didn't happen at cold temps, only when the engine was fully warm. My problem turned out to be a crack in the cylinder that didn't cause a problem until hot.

I replaced my power valve with intake and exhaust valves. They work a lot better.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
IndyMX said:
I replaced my power valve with intake and exhaust valves. They work a lot better.
:| That's just wrong.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom