dashriprok

May 19, 2013
I bought my son a 2004 RM65 , bike was working ok I thought the carb might of needed to be tuned up , today he went to drive it and it started great he started off and good power though 1st gear but then in 2nd it just started to bogg down then it would stall out , once it cooled down it would fire back up and then one again 2nd gear or 3d gear it happened again anyone ever have this happen to you two strokers

BrentRichter

Spammer
May 8, 2013
In my opinion the tuning between the transmission and the thrust is not good. In the first gear you get good power because of the initial thrust that the bike gets but as soon as the bike requires 2nd gear it loses power. get it checked through an expert mechanic.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Fresh fuel mix; Fresh plug; clean air filter; and clean the carb. Sounds like it may be running a bit lean. Did you pull the plug and inspect it? What does it look like? What oil/gas mixture are you running?

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Light brown mocha color. Too white on upper ceramic is too lean. Black or covered with goo is too rich or pulling transmission oil up through seal. You can get a ballpark idea from eyeing the plug, although to really dial it in, you almost have to cut the threads off the plug to look at the upper ceramic. First thing you should do is put in a brand new plug. If it does this again, then pull the plug and let us know how it looks from eyeballing it.

Top Bottom