ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
Installed an EE braided clutch line on my sons 65. Back bled the system till no bubbles coming out at master cylinder. However, still have no feeling/pressure at clutch lever!

Any suggestions?

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
I would say there's gotta be air stuck in there somewhere. Try bouncing the thing around a bit then back bleed again and watch for bubbles.

Larry

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
I tapped the line from the bottom up to the master cylinder with no positive results. Will try it again after work today.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
One word "Mityvac". Best money I ever spent on a piece of plastic.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Check it out at Mityvac.com it will tell you pretty much that it's a hand operated vacuum pump. I think I got mine for a whole $10 at Harbor Freight but have seens them at most auto part stores. Be sure to get the one with the dial gauge to make it most useful.

yota

Oct 9, 2001
The best way is to use a syringe (I use one from discount auto parts made for measuring lawnmower premix). You take the top off the resevoir on the bars,, remove the bleed screw from the slave cylinder on the cases, put the full syringe in the bleed screw hole and push all the air and old fluid out from the bottom up. Sometimes you have to crack the clutch lever a little while pushing on the syringe. You have to push hard.

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
Had him out riding today. Clutch working fine. The EE braided clutch line actually improved overall clutch feel.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I like them myself, Dad.
I fill my clutch with ATF and the feel is a bit lighter than with the stock mineral oil.
I have to agree with yota....I have one of the syringes like his (several actually) but you can also use a cow syringe from the farm supply for about 3 bucks for a pack of 3.

Top Bottom