cwood2314

Mar 8, 2020
I have a 1982 yamaha It175 that i’ve never seen run. I recently replaced the top end on it. It has spark, compression, fuel, and air. I cant think of anything else to check on it. I’ve sprayed gas directly into the cylinder and it shows no signs of life. However; sometimes when I’m trying to kick it over it will ignite for a split second. I’ve taken the reed valve out and checked it, it’s not in the best of shape but that shouldn’t cause the engine to start up at all, should it? I’m stuck. anything and everything will help if anyone has suggestions.

cwood2314

Mar 8, 2020
I have had severe issues with reeds on my 1993 WR/YZ250. Replaced with Boysen and things were fine.

I know my reeds aren’t in the best of shape, but I just figured the bike would show me a little bit more life. I did screw around with the wire harness, cleaned up a few contact points, and my spark got a lot better, and the bike actually started for the first time. I don’t think my spark will get much better than it is now. So maybe my next purchase will be some new reeds.

Top Bottom