here's how you do it out in the middle of nowhere

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Man it sucks when you love to play around with MX and there's basically nothing to play on. There's one track within a 3 hour radius and it's a crappy supercross track. (mostly jumps and only one good berm). Since it's usually hot and dry the dirt here is too hard to do anything with it unless you have a bulldozer. So I lucked out and found a depressed area with mostly sand and palm trees. Being a lower area its closer to water deeper down and so the sand is usually moist a few inches down. Well, what can you say about moist sand but TRACTION!!! yeah man. Oh, the land isn't mine but it's basically good for nothing and if the owner ever comes around I'll just hand him 50,000 guaranie ($18) and make him happy. So after many hours of work every weekend for the last month I finally have a track! It has two excellent berms at the edge of the area where the sand meets the dirt. It has little jumps also and sand berms which are loose and very trying. The following picture is of me attacking one of them. Man, the saying "If you want something done right you have to do it yourself" really applies in this country!
Anyone else have a similar experience in a foreign land?
:-)

Attachments

• bermshot5.jpg
    bermshot5.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 187

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Jag..... it's great that you found a place that suits you. Are you riding by yourself?.... any pics of the overall area?

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Yeah I like it. I just used a shovel, spinning rear wheel, and kicking dirt with my boots. That's about as basic as it gets but I like my track better than the official one used in this city. I'm riding it solo for now but I think I may of found a riding partner. I know an argentinian with a CR that digs MX. Not many Paraguayans are into anything other than beer and babes. The firefighters of a small town nearby wanted to have a racing event to raise some cash but they were dorks and didn't listen to any of the MXers and made a totally flat track (with not even a single berm). So the turn out was crummy (6 racers and 30 spectators) and now the track is forgotten and grass is taking it over. So anyway if you want something that ain't provided then bring it to be yourself. When I was a teenager I was really into BMX but there was no BMX tracks. But I lived at the edge of the city so very often I used to be out there in the canyons making my own tracks and jumps and stuff. I could fly down this one section faster than any MXer. It was great. The final downhill berm was right at the edge of a 10 foot gully and one time I hit it too fast and having no suspension I flipped sideways over the berm but fortunately landed on a downslope on my back and didn't hurt anything. So anyway here's another photo of me at the track doing a little jump. I include it so you can see how the track is amongst these palm trees with their roots exposed due to rain runoff through the years washing away a yard or more of dirt. Below the photo is a drawing of the track. I will probably keep inproving it as time goes on.

Attachments

• jump2_jp15.jpg
    jump2_jp15.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 163

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Hey Jag... thanks for the report; looks like you appropriated a track for yourself. Do you ever run into yourself at the crossover points of the figure "8"?...hehehehe :debil:

how much of a jump is that?

Pokester

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
yeah I wondered why I made it crossover but the way the track was laying itself out it just turned out that way. the Argentinian is going to ride there with me this coming Sunday. I hope we don't smack!! ouch! He'll be on his Honda XR650 so he'll leave me flat as a pancake.
yeehoo it just started raining. I'm going to help a friend move and then head on out there to ride and do some touchups in preperation for Sunday. The main jump is right after a tight 2nd gear berm so it only launches me about 6 feet which is fine since theres all those freakin' trees all around and so I don't want anything too wild.
:-)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
hey Jag... be sure to post a photog at the cross-over points; we want to see the action....

glad to hear that you got a companion now; no fun riding alone, no safe either!

buen provecho!

Top Bottom