Masu

Dec 29, 2001
Hi guys, I'm over here in Japan, my buddy has a CRM 250, I know it is not exported to the USA, but I think it is grey imported to the UK, and maybe elsewhere?

He has the stock carb on it and is looking for a little more power, I found a Kehin PWK 38 mm carb, would this work on the CRM 250? I just recently swapped a 28 mm to a 35 mm, on my 97 KDX 220SR and the power increase is really great!

The carb is not new, but the guy says the bike it came off of (older CR) was running great, except it got crashed :)

pixy_pi-img450x600-1007380282pwk-2.jpg

pixy_pi-img600x450-1007380338pwk-3.jpg

pixy_pi-img450x600-1007380220pwk-1.jpg

Some pics of the carb for your viewing pleasure :)

Cheers!

morph

Dec 7, 2001
crm 250

we get them here in limited numbers.in one of our local mags they tested one with a MUGGEN (i think thats how you spell it)kit and they said it increased performance.I'd be careful playing with it as they are way more advanced than a MX bike.

morph

Dec 7, 2001
they look sort of like a early 90's cr and are a street registed trail bike.
the engine use's honda's radial combustion tecnology where at high revs the spark cuts out and it run like a diesel. it runs very hot to utilise all the power available from the fuel giving better economy. i think also the power valve is electricaly controlled.but no there not CR beaters in the speed stakes.more precise info will be on the net some where on a honda dealer site.

red 450

Oct 27, 2001
Does anyone have a microfiche or service manual for the CRM 250? Some guy's think that the transmission could possibly be put in the CRF 450 to make it a wide ratio. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. If you have a web site address that shows this kind of information it would be great. Even if it's in Japanese we could get it figured out.

Masu

Dec 29, 2001
My buddy has a service manual and a parts list cataloug, we could scan it, but my computer that the scanner is attached to just suffered a HD meltdown, so I cannot do it very soon. I'll put it on my list of things to do :)

Cheers!

BTW what year etc of CRM?

red 450

Oct 27, 2001
Masu, I would greatly appreciate it if you could find the time to scan the CRM service manual. A detail showing the transmission and gear clusters is what we are after. Also if there is any numbers identifying which service manual you have so I could order it would be helpful. The web site that is working on this transmission swap is www.thumpertalk.com click on CRF 450. Thank you

Masu

Dec 29, 2001
No problem, I actually have two manuals, one until the early 90's, and one one generation after, not the newest genration, but the next oldest.

My computer with the scanner is almost fixed :)

Cheers!

Top Bottom