Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
What are you looking for? I have a '74 that I am going to go through

stevenb8

Mar 31, 2000
I need a headlight, brakelight, front and rear fenders, left side mag cover and air cleaner. I really dont care about the lights if they are to expensive and on the fenders If I can get the mid 80 honda red ones that will be fine also.

Right now it has a very weak spark and also want to put in a new top end on it.

Not looking for a full restore but would rather have it that way but just dont have the money to do a correct restoration at the moment. Need to get it running first.

I paid 30 buck and I think I can go wron with that price, heck on e-bay the whole thing would be worth 10x that.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000

stevenb8

Mar 31, 2000
OK, took the magnetic/flywheel (not sure exact name) of today and cleaned all 4 magnetic pick ups really good. When checking each one 2 were really strong 1 was good and the last one was in my opion was weak. The only good thing I can say about this is the one that is weak right behind it is one of the very strong magnets. I am hoping that the strong one can compensate for the weak one.

The dumb clymber manual I bought today doesn't say what the point gap should be. At the moment it looks like the points and condenser are new and the gap looks to be about 1/8 of a inch or less. I need the exact measurements to be sure.

I finally got spark out of the bike but it still is a little wek to me. What do I need to do next? I dont want to waste alot of money just replacing things.

This thing is beginning to be a pain in the arse..

Top Bottom