bgdawg

Sep 7, 2000
NOT TRIING TO WAKE SLEEPING DOGS BUT: in a recent harescramble I took a hot line through a curve not a bad trail but traffic jam !! Not the first to use this line !
passed 5 slower riders. Rode trail threw here next 3 laps and on the 5th lap passed a comepetitor! This hot line was in full view of other main trail and arrows, no double arrows. main trail lenth ap. 50yds. Hot line ap. 20yds. Problem rider protested me and referee change my position in race ! Know club member , fellow rider that was beat about 2:00mins. Didn't know this was a rider in my class ;not really a contender
for first just a winy hiny.
SO BEWARE OF HOT LINES!!! ANYONE CAN PROTEST!!!
PS. THIS WAS ALSO THE MOST TRAIL CUTTING RACE I EVER RODE ! PEOPLE WERE CUTTING CORNERS ON THE GRASS TRACK , MOTORCROSS TRACK AND IN WOODS . I GUESS I AM THE WINY HINY !

MONSTER MOUNTAIN HARESCRAMBLE!!

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Just happened to me up here at a IL race. I only passed lappers but the course ref saw all the PRO's taking the hot line and made all us wait for a couple of seconds then turn around and ride the right trail. I just laughed becuause I know the ref and have raced is races for years, but some of the other guys were really p.o. In IL we have a 25 foot rule for Hare Scrambles and the within site, double arrows rule for Enduros. But it always comes down to how the course ref feels about. My club puts on 2 Hare Scrambles and an Enduro and they also make me the course ref. I try to use my best judegement but I always make one guy mad if that sitution comes up. I guess if we all stayed on the trail we wouldn't have any problems! right???

------------------
Team Funmartcycle.com
2000 KTM 200EXC & 250EXC

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Ain't it a great argument! Turns don't bother me, especially if someone else in my class is doing it first. (HE STARTED IT---> ) However, cutting sections (ie 2 or 3 or more turns) burns me up. I was catching up two guys at a recent race only to see them "miss" about 1/3 mile of course.

But is it not fun when a friend/competitor misses that good, hot line when you are breathing down his neck and you gas it through and snicker to yourself as you slap that clutch for an indignant blast of earth that serves only to humiliate and antogonize him into a speed spode mode.
wink.gif
smile.gif

bgdawg

Sep 7, 2000
Good point ! It only hurts when you get caught! Rode national enduro last week-end, talk about hot lines ! IT ALL COMES DOWN TO WHO YOU ARE PRO OR PEEON. MOST AA RIDERS LAUGH WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT STRAIGHT LINES AND CUTS!! WHAT EVER U CAN GET AWAY WITH, MY ADVISE STAY ON TRAIL!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

BGDAWG

Top Bottom