1. MODERATOR NEEDED!
    If you have a good deal of RV / Camper / Trailer knowledge and want to help out the community by moderating a new forum here on DRN, please message me. Industry pro's are welcome.

How do you remove carbon build up from exhaust

Discussion in 'Bike Mods, Performance, Maintenance & Repair' started by sm7482, Oct 11, 2008.

1. sm7482

sm7482 Rookie DRN Member

How do you remove carbon build up from exhuast pipes? could i have them sandblasted through?

2. XXX Adrenaline Spo

XXX Adrenaline Spo Mod Ban

some people say to use oven cleaner but ive never tried it, let me know how it works if you do try it
  3. anthony96rm250

anthony96rm250 Rookie DRN Member

gas / carb cleaner i use it works good
  4. 2strokerfun

2strokerfun Rookie DRN Member

I've read where people start a small bonfire and place the pipe in the bonfire for a while. After it finally goes out and cools down, knock the stuff loose and pour it out. But on second thought, that may have been to get rid of caked up spooge in a 2-stroke pipe. Either way, I'm not sure I'd want to try it.