Steve Wallace

Feb 8, 2019
I have lowered the seat and installed a lowering link (CRF4, 1.75"). I can only lower the forks by 1/2" as it hits my handlebars. I see all the posts about keeping the bike balanced. How important is lowering the front end? I am an average rider. No jumping or racing. Out on the weekend enjoying the trails, sand, rock, dirt, off trail, hills, whatever. I am 59 and have been riding most of my life but never overly aggressive, just sport riding on and off road. 2006 Honda CRF450R, dual sport. So, how important is it really and if it is, how do I accomplish it with out spending a fortune having the front end professionally lowered?
Thank you guys.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It just won't turn as well ... but wont hurt anything. You'll likely not notice much of a difference unless you are very aggressive/fast . True, the suspension won't function as well as it could, but again, you'll likely not notice it based on the riding you described.

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
There is a groove on your forks where the top of your triple clamp should line up. When you lower your forks, you increase stability, increase the wheel base, but as okie said, it harder to turn.=)

Top Bottom