SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Curious if anyone has a way to get a seat looking new again? When I purchased my son's Yamaha the seat (blue vinyl) was black in areas. I didn't really worry about it at the time but it would be nice to clean it up since it is in great condition other than discoloration.

Any tricks, tips, or advice on how to clean it up?

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
usually I'll just whip the powerwasher out, but i wonder if degreaser would work?? might be bad to use on a seat.

Scotty99983

Dec 5, 2009
i have a yellow seat cover on my RM250 and it was black with oil and dirt when i got it so i used kitchen cleaner. i dont know if you get it in america or where ever you are but the stuff i used was flash cleaner its mainly for bathrooms and stuff and it made my seat as clean as it was when it was brand new. the stuff was blue in colour. so id think any kitchen cleaner and a scrubbing brush would do.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i use bleche-white on a red/black honda seat

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Put on riding pants.
Jump into bubble bath.
Ride.

Simple

weav6385

Dec 19, 2009
Funny you should ask. I own and operate a detailing business. The material used on these seats is somewhat sensitive to heavy cleaners which is why you see people which cracked seat cover. Use something low in acidity but not alkaline. A neutral based cleaner wont dry out the material but tends to be not as strong for cleaning so if you must resort to higher cleaning agents just remember to protect the material with a vinyl protectant. btw diluted degreaser would be fine. maybe 50:1

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I use Simple Green and a scrub brush. I've been using it for about 5 years and never had a cover crack on me. They always look like new afterward.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
saddle soap

I use dish washing soap mixed with hot water, bon-ami or comet & a clean sponge & elbow grease. scrub, rinse, repeat as required until clean. Followed up with a vinyl protectant, done..... Porkchopism :whoa:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I can of pinto beans mixed with half jar pace "hot" salsa and a bag of tortilla chips. Eat. Blast seat clean. Repeat if needed. Or use simple green and scrub it clean. Whichever floats your boat.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I use a black seat cover.

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
I use a Mister Clean Magic Sponge!

Boot marks on rear fender......gone
Handle grip scum......gone
White boot fade.......gone
Aluminum frame scum....gone
Graphic scum.....gone
Steering wheel scum....gone
Get the picture?

IM GONE....!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Another vote for Simple Green.... if the pinto beans and salsa don't work out.

lmidden

Feb 15, 2010
pressure washer would work the best my 1500psi pressure washer doesnt damage the vinyl but yet my seat is marine vinyl alot stronger

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Dude, that's gotta be wierd? A bike with a steering wheel? Does it have a gas pedal too?

Kreek Cameron

May 28, 2015
How can I clean my bike with household items without having to go buy anything?
I have a Honda CR85 and I took a big crash a few weeks ago and now there are a lot of tiny scratches and smudges I would like to get out without taking off my stickers and having to go buy supplies. Also there are a few spots on my seat that I would like to get out to.

Top Bottom