How To Fix The Kick Start Lever for the Better?

Nov 8, 2017
Have kick started a dirt bike and your foot slip off of the kick start lever and poke a hole in your boot? Has the kick start lever ever hit your shin or leg ? It hurts right? Well me and my team wants to fix this problem! Can you give us so ideas or suggestion or let us know if this is a good idea?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Learning how to jet the bike and start it properly seems like the best approach. With EFI the jetting part is pretty much covered. This seems a case of a solution searching for a non-existent problem.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
One rider having an issue 12 years ago hardly seems like a mandate for technical change. Maybe you and your "team" can work on something more useful and interesting like cold fusion or Hydroplate theory. :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
But it still happens to riders now of days just nobody puts it on this forum.

The fact that in 18 years of people posting hundreds of thousands times on this forum you're having difficulty finding any evidence of the problem should make you wonder if your hypothesis might not be a bit weak. :)

In all seriousness, the basic design of the kickstarter on most current motorcycles needs little in the way of improvement. I wish you luck on your quest to improve on it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom