How to tell if I jetted too lean ???

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
My 03 kx250 had smoked like a mesquito sprayer and ran a little sluggish. After reading so many posts about how the 03's are stock jetted really rich, I dropped the pilot and maine one size each and the result is amazing!! The smoke is gone and I can't shift gears without the front tire raisin' up....I love it !!!! But how do I know it's not too lean??? I mean it runs better than any bike I've ever had, but that don't mean sh*t if it locks up the first good, hard ride.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Read the plug?

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I wouldn't worry about it seizing up. If it was too rich before there is no way dropping 1 main jet size would cause it to seize. Now that you know how much of an improvement you can make, I would continue to experiment until it runs it's best. Do a bit of reading around here on jetting and you'll have it dialed in no time.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
_JOE_ said:
I wouldn't worry about it seizing up. If it was too rich before there is no way dropping 1 main jet size would cause it to seize. Now that you know how much of an improvement you can make, I would continue to experiment until it runs it's best. Do a bit of reading around here on jetting and you'll have it dialed in no time.

Thanks Joe, great advice....and I plan to take it ! I read a lot and asked a bunch of questions (some repetitious, probably a bit aggravating to some around here)and I plan to continue doing the same. So thanks and sorry....thanks everyone for the top shelf advice and sorry for the boring, rambling threads I will surely soon be posting !!!!
:cool:

Top Bottom