a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
How often are you humbled by your bike. How long has it been since a crash has put you in your place. Do you get cocky and feel you are invincible. If this describes you, then you need to ride with me. I got down right humbled on Sunday. My bike reminded me that I am just a rider and can be tossed at any time. I came up short on a double, grabbed the bike with my knees and held on. Unfortunately, the bike decided that it had had enough of me and tossed me over the bars. Then it came down and slapped my back. Was I wearing my chest protector? No. I was knocked out from hitting my head on the ground and then received two broken, not cracked, ribs on my right side.

A hard lesson to learn that we are only riders and sometimes, our bikes own us. Please learn from this and wear your gear. I was stupid and no matter how long I've been riding, it could happen at any time. Pain sucks, coughing hurts and I pray for no sneezing! :ohmy:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
a454elk said:
Pain sucks, coughing hurts and I pray for no sneezing! :ohmy:

Hey copper. I've got a good joke for ya. :ohmy: Did ya hear the one about........... :yikes: Awww, never mind. Just kiddin'. :rotfl:

Sorry to hear about that. How long will you be off?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
I hope he didn't come here looking for sympathy. ;) :laugh: :rotfl: :rotfl:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Elk, could you tell that story in chat so I can interrupt you too often :)

Hope you feel better, and don't start jumping again until you have cleared out all the bad memories of your last jump. You don't need to hear "foot-steps" and start rolling-off the throttle because of your last experience. Ya know what I mean?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm off all the time, but as for the ribs, it's every day regular duties, can't really bring attention to it at work. Pain pills work wonders. You're only as good as your last jump, right Gomer!? It was an eye opening experience, wear the damn gear I own and it won't happen. Going through the getting mad at myself stage. I'll move onto the making fun of the old guy stage later!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The YT bit ya'? What's next your donut sniffer? :laugh:

Heal up Ponch.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I know what you mean, but I seem to get humbled at really slow speeds. Twice in the last two years I've had really stupid tip-overs where I reach my foot out to catch myself and there just isn't any ground to be found. I cracked the cartilage between my ribs both times in the same place. Doesn't feel good. Of course I make up more impressive, high-speed stories to explain the injuries to the friends and family.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Damn Carlo, sorry to hear that. Ribs SUCK.
Heal-up quick.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I will refrain from all jokes until you heal up buddy. Be good.

Mully

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Don't sneeze... :nod:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Sorry to hear about it, maybe not as sorry as you... ;)
Get well soon and wear that gear when you do :nod:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
a454elk said:
I'll move onto the making fun of the old guy stage later!
The hell you will you dam trooper you ;)
Gotta agree ribs suck bad when hurt but at least they didn't use a kitty litter bucket handle to repair you
Heal up quick

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Man, my 'roids don't sound so bad now, the surgery does.
Coughing hurts but if you feel a sneeze, cough, trust me on this one it will be less painful.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Glad to hear your going to be ok.

I woke up after a crash and didn't know where I was , I dont remember the questions my friends were asking either :whoa: . Weird feeling. :ohmy: Got to respect the bike. What kind of helmet are you going to buy? :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm sending you some chili dust. It makes me sneeze. Lots.

Sorry about your get off - I busted three ribs up high in a street bike accident. About a week later I sneezed hard, and heard all three of them pop. It put me right on the ground. Heal up fast Amigo.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Rooster said:
I'm sending you some chili dust. It makes me sneeze. Lots.

Strange I have Chili sitting 5 feet away from me right now and he doesn't look all that dusty but he is a bit moldy :nener: .
Now that he is in the US with me you guys better stop picking on us

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rooster said:
. . . I sneezed hard, and heard all three of them pop. It put me right on the ground.
that's just from bein' old, buddy

heal up quick, Carol. Maybe some Geritol would help you out.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm always ready for some mountain riding Eddie! But you need to lay of the banjo man, it really freaks me out. I need a Miller Canyon ride sometime soon, who's in??!!

Okie, I've got an idea for a new forum, "The Sympathy Forum". When our wives laugh at us, or husbands, or significant others, we can go in there and cry like little girls and all our friends can make is feel better! I feel so much beter already, and I have't even taken Ol89r up on his foot massage.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
So anyway, a priest a nun, Michael Jackson and a boyscout walk into a bar.......... :) :rotfl:

Hey copper. Does this mean you won't be cutting my lawn this week? :nener:

Top Bottom