Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I guess I'll watch last year's series. Again. Thank heaven for YouTube and so many old races being online, so many epic races over the years. To this day, I still think the Johnson - Bailey battles were some of the best.

Good to hear that RJ is past the COVID-19 ... !

For your viewing pleasure, Anaheim 1986

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I still remember pictures in DirtRider magazine from that race. I see certain things when re-watching and remember it like it was yesterday. Unfortunately, in 1988 the trailer we lived in burned up and my collection of DirtRider, MX Action and Dirtbike magazines all were lost. But I still remember many things from those magazines. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Johnrock

Jul 27, 1999
Beaverton, OR
Totally agree! Thank God for YouTube, I missed most of these races growing up, had to read about them. Watched more than a couple a few weeks ago, and then this showed up at my door. :) How's everybody doing, haven't been here for a while...
GOAT.jpg

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Holy $*&%# ! Johnrock is in the house! It's been a LONG time.
So out of crazy boredom and a lack of racing, I decided to give a couple of the new moto games a look. Monster Energy Supercross 3 is pretty good, wish it was outdoor though. Tried MXGP 2019, don't care for it at all.

Anyway, I bought the game just a few days ago and then see this post from you. Spooky. Those races back in the day on Motocross Madness were pretty fun!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I liked MXGP 2019 on my old XBOX 360 but both MXGP and MESX2 on my XBOX One is extremely difficult to control. I am hoping that MESX3 is better. I read that the XBOX One controller is more sensitive than the 360 which would explain the issues.

I really want to play some dirtbike games so if that isn't the issue I will be extremely frustrated. I have already gotten bored with NBA2K20.

Ivan

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
MESX3 is my favorite so far. It's all about figuring out the rhythm. Took me about 10 hours to get around a track fairly well. Didn't care for MXGP 2019, feels like you're riding in snow. It's actually boring, thankfully Steam refunded it. I'm actually going to give MXGP3 a go, from what I've read it's still the best they've made. MXGP Pro introduced more "realistic" physics, which apparently didn't go over very well. Yeah, the graphics are better (somewhat) in the newer games, but I'll take gameplay over graphics any day.

I REALLY wish they'd make a US Nationals version :( ....

BTW: I'm on PC using a XB bluetooth controller.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
MESX3 is my favorite so far. It's all about figuring out the rhythm.

Spent an hour on MESX3 last night and having issues. Did well at Daytona on single event using Rick Johnson on his 2 smoke. Got 2nd behind James Stewart but still having a lot of problems with the braking into the turns and over steering.

We'll see how much time I get this weekend to try and get it all figured out.

Top Bottom