I want my Dirt Week!

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Dirt Week? Dirt Day? Dirt Hour? Anybody.......

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Set it all up and I'll make plans to be there.
(small print: provided it's close enough, at a place I want to ride, during a time that fits my schedule, if you have prizes, can make sure everything runs like clock work, blah. blah, blah...) :laugh:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I was just talking to my old buddy Thumbs over lunch about how cool the dirt weeks were. And what a massive task it would be putting that together. I m glad we were able to be apart of them. :cool:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
I'll bring the beer!

whats that? HOW many people would be coming????

OMG :yikes:

Might have to rent a semi?
"EEEaast bound and down, loaded up and truckin'! We gonna do what they say cant be done!"

(i may reconsider that first statement........) :nod:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
scar tissue said:
I was just talking to my old buddy Thumbs over lunch about how cool the dirt weeks were. And what a massive task it would be putting that together. I m glad we were able to be apart of them. :cool:

Yup ... months of planning for the entire Okie clan ... for the rest of us ... except Thump ... our work started when we showed up ... well except for those that had to reserve trailers ... ;)

As much stuff as we all bought to prepare for that week and the cost of dragging it from whereever to Cooperland, you think O would have sent us a stimulus check if we promised to hold DW again.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
good times indeed. I still occasionally explain the whole thing to a new rider I meet. They can relate but even if I gave a blow by blow of every moment and showed all the pictures, they wouldn.t get the real feel of it without having experienced it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
YOU do it in the east and we'll find a way. There's good riding in WV & PA, I've been there and done that.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
Fine.It will be next spring if can get some commitments.Doubt I'll be able to latch on to anything like Cooperland though.No bullsh!t if there's enough interest I'll start as soon as that's apparent.I'll look into places this week.How many showed up for the events?I need some numbers to approach these people with.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Damn what did I just do?

Nothing yet.....

Here's all ya gotta do.

(Before any steps, have a great family, all willing to dedicate 6 months of their lives to put the dream together..)

Step 1. Set up a website.
Step 2. Get lots of members.
Step 3. Convince a LOT of companies to give the members stuff.
Step 3. Convince a track/riding area to get involved.
(keep in mind, you need moto and woods in one place)
Step 4. Get about 20 people to help coordinate / develop / manage events.
Step 5. Get lots of people to come (gotta keep the companies happy (exposure) You'll need about 500 riders to make the companies happy.
Step 6. Get KTM, Yamaha, Honda, etc. to show up and let peeps ride their bikes.
Step 7. Do your best to make it all feel like family.
Step 8. Not be too in love with your dollars.
Step 9. Have fun!

Simple.

Looking forward to the date and location! I for one will be there :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I've had time contraints hampering my efforts for a 500 reunion in Stillwater. I'll keep working towards in. The dates will likely be more open than a return to Cooperland. Cost should be minimal if we can swing it.
If someone can set one up somewhere else, I'll make plans to be there, just won't be hauling a spode wash!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
TRexRacing said:
I was unaware anyone was trying to set one up.I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.Sorry.
No worry. No plans in stone or approvals as of yet.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
People always wanted a DW closer to them so it looks like the east and middle states are covered.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
This is going to be a monster to pull off.I'll get it done.With times as hard as they are it may not be to the scale of previous events.But it's all about the riding isn't it?As long as we have a good time riding it'll be a success. :cool:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If you build it I'll try and come......the further north you go the more likely I will be there. I would be more than willing to help circulate flyers and what not in my area. :nod:

I won't be upset if there's no demo rides or give aways, just a sweet place to ride and some good folks to share my time with will do it for me. Well, you gotta have good food too, but that tends to come with good people. :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Good food = Camp Tejas

Well and Eddie's Tri-tip

and Oldguys brats....

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Dirtweek. One of the best times I ever had in my life. It was worth the 23 hour drive. Miss you guys.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Dapper!!! You live!!! Are ya still riding? I'm setting up a ride at Lost Trails on the 22nd if you are interested. Check the Damn Yankee forum

Top Bottom