IF the AMA resurrects the 500 nationals...

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I hope that they would not do that and see the light. But then.......(this is where i have to stop myself from gettin into trouble
smile.gif
.)

I can say this much I would raise holy hell if they tried to do it that way, but my voice in that matter would not probably do alot of good. I do know one thing for sure, You can expect to see the return of the
"Battle of the Big Boars" next season when things fall into place..

wardy

------------------
"the older i get, the shorter i want the moto!"

KawBoy

Aug 11, 1999
Of course at the rate things are developing, or not in the case of the CR & KX, the new 500 nationals may be pure four-stroke by default.  

Maico is the only other bike maker producing a full 500 oil-burner, yet nobody is running a SC500 in the world 500cc championship series.  Guess that doesn't say much for their product.  

I'm partial to the old-school open class, but it should be an interesting series regardless of engine configuration.  

I can't wait to see how the Honda 400 will do in the 250 nationals (if that pans out).  <p align=right>04-18-2000 :Edited

Biscuit

Feb 16, 2000
Just bring the open class back, period end of story.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is really a shame that a few have prevented us from seeing some of the sports greatest riders on these beasts of machines.&nbsp;&nbsp;I really don't care for the 4 strokes being in the class, however, if that is what it takes to bring it back then by all means lets hear a little low end grunt.

------------------
It had to be the rut, I wasn't going this way.

KawBoy

Aug 11, 1999
Hey Bisquit,
&nbsp;&nbsp; You might be able to help me out a little, seeing as how we live on the same side of town.&nbsp;&nbsp; Do you know where the Loganville practice track is located?&nbsp;&nbsp;I went there eons ago and now I can't find it.&nbsp;&nbsp;I remember it was down a road off of hwy29 - the entrance to the track has a huge cement block with a black X painted on the front.&nbsp;&nbsp;The track is (was) very sandy.
&nbsp;&nbsp; I tried looking for it last Saturday and finally gave up and went to Lanier.&nbsp;&nbsp;

------------------
Michael Stembridge
88 KX500
AMA #728373 GARTRA BRC

The Georgia Off Road website:
http://dirtrider.net/gaoffroad

Biscuit

Feb 16, 2000
Kawboy, I know what you mean, the first time I tried to find Loganville I wound up riding around all day, thus finally giving up and going to some local trails that I know.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, to answer your question, the easiest way, that I know of, is to go out I-20 to Turner Hill rd., where Outdoor Powersports use to be before they moved, and turn left back across the bridge.&nbsp;&nbsp;Follow Turner Hill to Pleasant Hill Rd. and take a right.&nbsp;&nbsp;This will take you to the track, approximately 8-10 miles, just past the river on the left.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Should you still have problems locating the track call Southern Sand & Stone (770) 466-8666, the company is next door to the track and BTW they own the track.&nbsp;&nbsp;I also have not been out there in a while, however, the last time they had not groomed the track and thus the track was somewhat rutted and the face of the jumps left allot to be desired.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hope that things have gotten better out there as I had planned on going next weekend, if I can get a new bike by then as I just sold my YZ250.&nbsp;&nbsp;Let me know the next time that your going out there, just shoot me an email @ john.melvin@suntrust.com.&nbsp;&nbsp;See you out there!

------------------
It had to be the rut, I wasn't going this way.

Top Bottom