Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
DirtWeek has historically been an awesome event, a family event enjoyed by all. We are always blown-away by the friendships made, the helping hands... basically, the best our sport has to offer. That being said, we still have to lay-down some rules and regs.

Every year we have to post some do's and don's. The do's are pretty obvious... ride till it hurts, meet a ton a great people and go home knowing you had one hell of a week! :aj:

The Don't's aren't so obvious and need to be repeated. So here is this year's list of "don'ts". This list will be added to as time goes by. Live by it. Breathe it.

1) DO NOT bring glass bottles to DirtWeek. This applies to everyone, including Admins, Mods and everyone else. If you are in an RV (rolling house) we will not search for glass. PLEASE do not dump glass ANYTHING in the trash at DW.

If you are seen with (for example) glass beer bottles, all your beer will be confiscated, and probably consumed by unsaid individuals. Seriously folks... DO NOT BRING GLASS BOTTLES.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
DO NOT demonstrate your latest "skilz" in the pits. While it may be a very cool stoppie, if it's in the pits, you are officially a wanker.

DO NOT Speed in the pits. We are all sure you can really tear it up out there and yes, we prefer that you do in fact "Tear it up out there!" You will be warned, please don't make us be meanies.

If your kid is speeding in the pits (yes, it happened a lot, and there was actually a collision between two speeders, no one hurt)... we will warn them once (we warned a few of them several times last year, to include 6 foot tall kids). The second time, you will find Jr. walking back to camp with no bike. His bike can be found at My RV. See me to claim it. If Jr does it again.... Jr. is no longer a rider at DW. We understand the little ones getting excited and dig it, but hey.

Don't feel like attending the Rider's Meetings? You don't attend the rider's meeting, you don't participate in the days events or the give-aways that night. It's odd that half the folks show up for the Rider's Meeting but EVERYBODY shows-up for the free stuff. Sign-up for the events will be at the Rider's meeting only.

There is often very important info, schedule changes, etc. communicated during the meeting. You don't have the time to attend, ooops... you lose.

More to follow.
I feel like such a hard azz!!

Last edited:

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I didn't see riding through campfire. I heard that might be frowned apon :p

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
You could shoot paintballs at the guys who ride through the campfires- sorta kill two birds with one stone, as it were.

That or throw glass bottles at them .

Seriously, any group of more than 2 people needs rules. Very logical.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I find it very difficult to keep track of the time when at DW and I know I'm not alone. The riders meetings in the mornings are fairly easy because it's the 1st thing you do when you wake up. Okay, 2nd thing. :eek: The evening activities are not as easy because many people don't have a clue what the time is, that's another great thing about DW. I suggest that since we have a PA system that we use it as sort of a role call, or reveille so to speak. We could blast out "God Bless America" or "Proud to be an American" or perhaps both as a signal that assembly under the bigtop is at hand. I'm open for other suggestions too. Also remember that it's a long walk from the back of the pits to the bigtop and it takes a while to dump your gear or whatever and make it to the tent so an alarm clock such as this would sure be a big help.

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Jeff - FYI - I will be bringing several battery operated clocks for the tent and track openings!!!

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
:clue: How about some one riding one lap through the pits on there fitty (lou?)15 minutes before the riders meeting yelling RIDERS MEETING, 15 MINUTES.. with the bull horn (I know, we all should be able to tell time) On a real note, we even tell riders that theres a riders meeting in fifteen minutes over the PA system at our races, because usually no one can tell time (or they forget there watches) :think:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'm gonna have to find some other container for that Maker's Mark, then . . . :think:

gotta bring some, Wes is counting on me! Besides, I owe Ed. :)

Top Bottom