dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
From one left coaster to the other, the beaches in GA don't compare. You have to go to VA and NC for the nice ones. Since I spent most of my waking hours on post I didn't get to see much of the area around Augusta, but what I did see was decent. We drove up to SC one weekend in the Spring and WOW, talk about gorgeous! Why GA and not NC?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If I had to choose I think I'd go for Charlotte or RDU as far as metro-messes. If I was going to look for something more relaxed Ashville would be high on my list. Of course the northern Alabama are nice too. Nice beaches would be a lot closer to Key West than Florida panhandle or even SC/NC beaches IMO. I like Kitty Hawk but the sand is coarse and hard specially when you crash a hang glider LOL!

Geesh Elk just move to Texas with the rest of DRN :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Texas, now THAT'S an idea,,, NOT! Ashville huh, will look into that. Gonna be taking some trips out east in the near future. I'll advise of our departure so Gomer can have his tutu ready.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
a454elk said:
I'll advise of our departure so Gomer can have his tutu ready.

I think PK's still got it...

Elk - Rooster and I are going to the Greenville, SC area in mid-March..we can report back if you'd like! :cool:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Trying to move Californication East, eh Elk?

I've been to Savannah a few times for business and once for vacation. Actually flew into Savannah and then drove to Patterson because there's nothing, and I mean nothing, in Patterson. Back in '05 we stayed on Tybee Island but toured around Savannah. The only other town in GA where I've spent a lot of time is Waycross. I'd take Savannah over Waycross any day.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Waycross, is right in the middle of nowhere and nothing. The closest thing to it is Valdosta, which is pretty close to the FL state line.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
FruDaddy said:
Waycross, is right in the middle of nowhere and nothing. The closest thing to it is Valdosta, which is pretty close to the FL state line.

Patterson makes Waycross look like a bustling metropolis.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
How bout north central Tenn?? Turkey Bay near-by, great riding year round! Kentucky Lake, Lake Barkley, Land Between the Lakes would be a great place to build a retirement/semi-retired home!

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
ChopperDave said:
How bout north central Tenn?? Turkey Bay near-by, great riding year round! Kentucky Lake, Lake Barkley, Land Between the Lakes would be a great place to build a retirement/semi-retired home!

land prices there are not too bad either.

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
Where was it they filmed that movie "Deliverence". :laugh: I was at Ft Benning a long time ago, remember it was hot, real hot. The mosquitos were so big they had retractable landing gear.

Last edited:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
thorman75 said:
Where was it they filmed that movie "Deliverence". :laugh: I was at Ft Benning a long time ago, remember it was hot, real hot. The mosquitos were so big they had retractable landing gear.

That was filmed near Chattanooga area.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
a454elk said:
Texas, now THAT'S an idea,,, NOT! Ashville huh, will look into that. Gonna be taking some trips out east in the near future. I'll advise of our departure so Gomer can have his tutu ready.
Come on Elk, you can pick up some extra cash by cutting my grass!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Elk you show gots purdy teef. Can you squeel like a piggy?

BadMotoWeazal

Aug 21, 2004
Keep your Yankee, left coast butt out of the south....Bunch of carpet-baggin', scallywags comin' down here stealin' our women & takin' our jobs. Probably ridin' a 4 stoke to ain't ye... :nener: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
BadMotoWeazal said:
Keep your Yankee, left coast butt out of the south....

Yankee? From California? :think:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
BadMotoWeazal said:
Keep your Yankee, left coast butt out of the south....Bunch of carpet-baggin', scallywags comin' down here stealin' our women & takin' our jobs.
Don't worry, your Alabama women are safe, nobody outside of AL (that's short for Alabama) wants them. :nener: :nener: :nener:

Signed, a Georgia boy!

Top Bottom