lumpy39us

Dec 21, 2007
Hopefully we can start a thread here.
What part of Indiana are you from, Corydon here
Where have you ridden? Favorite place? Badlands is mine, though they just opened Lynnville back up. Went there oce, it was nice.
Whats your experience level? Just got back on a bike, took a 15 year break.
What ya riding? 02 KDX 200

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Evansville here!
I've done most riding at private spots....and just as much at Little Egypt. It's about 1hr45mins. 1200 acres and 3 mx tracks. southwest of here. They did open lynville. actually its big news around here. ALL of the old stripper pit land is open to whoever wants to ride it. thousands of acres that have always been off limits. Apprently the trails are GREAT! There's Spurgeon. 3500 acres of marked and mapped trails that are great...so I've heard. both places free!!!

My experience level is= don't know where you'd put that. I have rode on and off for alot of my life but never owned a bike till a few years back.

I ride a 2003 Honda cr250r!!!!

NEXT......

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The frigid northwest corner, -5 and -31 windchill. I race/ride mx. My 2 sons and 1 daughter do the same. Lack of equipment. I am working on a quad killer for the badlands though, its bigger and faster than most. Favorite IN. tracks, Dirt, Motoland, and Wildcat creek, in that order. Casey, IL. is up there, and REDBUD, but really not IN. Need a 78 RM400, and a blown, newer 250 smoker!

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
I live in Terre Haute. I ride Casey, IL. and badlands the most or sometimes friends houses, farms... Wildcat is fun although I didn't make it there this last year. Also been to hoosier hilltoppers once, and hangtime once.
Been riding for about 3 years, raced a few mx races and one harescramble over the past two years, I'm a front of the pack c-class rider. I have an 05 yz125, and just picked up an 07 yz250 recently, it got too cold before I got to ride it much(everywhere is frigid right now).
So is this lynville place down by evasnville somewhere, or is that a seperate place?

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Lynville is in my sisters backyard. basically a suburb of Evansville. I live on the westside of town and to the riding grounds would be a 25 minute drive east of my house. It basically takes up all the outskirts of 3 towns. lynville, chandler, and boonville. LOTS of land. It's old strip mining lands that people went to jail for riding on prior to last month. It was all owned by AMAX coal co. or the county and now that they're mostly done mining it, they decided to open up the land to the off-roading enthusiasts. For years the ONLY place to ride around our city was Lynville(it's generally called that but again...takes up land around several towns)areas in and around it would open for people to legally ride....then close. SO NOW.....it's all open and its free...as is Spurgeon.

lumpy39us

Dec 21, 2007
Ahh, its nice to see some local riders on a forum!!
Remember you need a DNR sticker for Lynnville, they have ticketed people there. I have mine on order, $30 for 3 years. Have any of you ridden Hillz and Hollerz Kentucky?
We are gonna have to do a meet some time, when the weather is better.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
hahaha. That reminds me....do you get those sweet DRN front fender stickers when you subscribe?

My bro in law told about that sticker for IN. They have a sticker at Little Egypt in Illinois that they say is good in Indiana and Illinois both and its only $11. It's required in IL. I'm gonna get the $30 one just to be safe...for IN. I'm excited too. Usually not much going on in our chapter. We gotta do something about that for sure in 09. Every other chapter seems to be chuggin along...but ours!hahaha

I havent ridden at all in KY. I DID, however, get in touch with one of the guys running the sweet track in Sturgis, KY. I asked if they have days where anyone can ride....and what does it cost. He said not really....but gave me his number and said to keep in touch and if me and some buddies wanna have the track to ourselves one Saturday or sunday that they're doing maintanence around there, he'd be more than happy to have us! he was really nice. That place is actually 3 tracks. the URL is www.lsmx.net....go check it out. not lot of pics though. That'd be fun as well!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Memories of frost laden Casey in February, some good, some horrible! It is hard to make that trip in under 4 hours for me. FVOR is 2 hours dead west though! Wild Cat Creek is more middle grounds? Or bet Indy knows a few! Kentucky, isn't it all hills and hollars? My dad is from the Land between the Lakes area. Killer places to ride, but I do not know how they are now? And some nice mx tracks, one by Bowling Green?

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Where is wild cat creek. The track in Sturgis is REALLY sweet!!! Land between the lakes...aka turkey bay....is pretty much all WIDE jeep trails now. There's no more of the great single track that was once there. But you can run high speed through most of it from I've been told.haha

HEY LUMPY! Where you get them thar dnr stickers from?

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
Wildcat is about about an hour and a half north westish of Indy, in Rossville IN. Fun track for sure, if tracks are your thing.
http://www.wildcatcreekmx.com/
Only thing bad I have to say about them is I went there to race once, and he cancelled the race last minute due to a low turnout of people, but still had to pay a gate fee on top of the price of practice, and it was a big hassle, not managed very well. Not ever going to go there to race again, probably didn't help future turnouts.

lumpy39us

Dec 21, 2007
Any of you ride in Lawremce County. DNR, DRN, who knows.

02KDX_0237.jpg

I didn't see my dog when I took the pic, but it adds to the effect!

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
It looks like your pup is relieving itself.hahaha Nice bike!

I haven't ridden there.

lumpy39us

Dec 21, 2007
wd 40 worked great, rust gone. So I took my exhaust protector off so there is no water standing. I don't like rust on my FMF. Was going to ride yesterday in the yard, only 2 acres, gets boring fast.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
hey. at least you have 2 acres. I got diddly squat!!!

cola and some steel wool work great on rust!! thanks mythbusters

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
I just got my dirt bike after riding street bikes for a few years. Got bored of that and decided i wanted to get back to dirt. I used to ride Knobby Hill a lot as it was only 10min from my house. Now i guess its going to have to be Badlands. I haven't been there since they put the track in and haven't been on any track yet with the new bike. I don't really feel comfortable on it yet. The previous owner had suspension work done for his 250# lard ass so it'll be interesting to see how i manage on a track since i'm 100# lighter. I was probably a mid-to-front C rider at when I sold my 01 CR125 and went to street. I'd say i'm quit a bit slower now until i get some more seat time.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
I live just outside Cicero toward US 31 which is about 10 miles north of Westfield/Carmel area. I've also raced at Wabash a couple times. Not sure if they are still open or not. I know Haspin Acres is still open but last time i was there the track was hard as a rock. I could have taken a Midget or other dirt track car and layed down blue grooves it was that hard.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Never been to Haspin, but I have something for quads. The Wabash cannonball, nice set of whoops. They still race. There was a track south west of Bloomington, they shooed the cows off in the morning. It was a boring track, not worth cow pie in the eye! Blessed are the Days that I can make Redbud in under an hour!

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
If you weigh 150 pounds without gear, stock springs should be real close.

Slightly off subject but i've searched here and google and can't seem to find what the stock shock and fork springs and settings are. Do you know where i could find that at? I suppose it might be in the manual but i'm at school and don't have access to it.

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
What do you guys thinking of this crappy weather. I think i almost got frostbite waiting for the bus to get home from class today. This stuff sucks. Weather.com before i left this morning said -18 feels like -33.

Top Bottom