info. needed on Sandhills MX in SC

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I used to race there a fair bit.

Weird start. Start on dirt, then in front of the gate there is concrete, then drop back into soft, deep sand.

Long downhill start with slight bend to the right that has several large whoops / drop-offs.

Mostly sand that gets several deep ruts in the corners. I haven't been there in a while but there were never too many jumps. Corner speed is the biggest factor there.

They usually have the first coule races of the AMA season for Ditrict 29 there, so if you start now, you'll get a head start on the points series.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
High Lord Gomer said:
I used to race there a fair bit.

Weird start. Start on dirt, then in front of the gate there is concrete, then drop back into soft, deep sand.

Long downhill start with slight bend to the right that has several large whoops / drop-offs.

Mostly sand that gets several deep ruts in the corners. I haven't been there in a while but there were never too many jumps. Corner speed is the biggest factor there.

They usually have the first coule races of the AMA season for Ditrict 29 there, so if you start now, you'll get a head start on the points series.

are you allowed to just plain ride there, even if your not racing?

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006

Top Bottom