Injury Updates?

Tony Eeds

Welcome Wagon
N. Texas SP
The "conservative" surgeon (2nd opinion) convinced me to let him put pins in the two smallest on Tuesday. If he can align them without cutting he will. Then he sticks a hatpin kinda thing in each one and leaves them for 4 weeks. No news as to how long before I can walk. Maybe I will find out on Tuesday. It will be done under local, and will only take about an hour.
I told him I had to drive to Fort Stockton the following day and he said I shouldn't have any problem. We'll see, it was kinda cranky driving out here (Fort Stockton) today. Gotta love cruise control.
I asked my boss if I could have some time off ... He just looked at me in the mirror and said ... NO :whiner:

dave186

Sponsoring Member
man, that sucks for all you guys that broke stuff. ive never broken a bone yet (knock on wood). I did sprain my ankle at DW, its fine. 380EXCman said he couldnt hardy button his pants this morning cause his hand was so sore. the doc in stillwater said to squeeze a tennis ball for therapy.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Here you go Tony....a little memory for you. This was about 2 minutes before you took a nose dive out of the wheel chair and saved yourself with your......broken toes!!!

I sure hope you're feeling better soon!!

Attachments

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
Originally posted by dave186
ive never broken a bone yet (knock on wood
you shouldn't have said that. i'm presently recovering from #8 (that i know of). all from motorcycles.

yzeater

Subscriber
Originally posted by mx547

you shouldn't have said that. i'm presently recovering from #8 (that i know of). all from motorcycles.
I probably should say it then shouldn't I. I've never broken a bone yet (knock on wood)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
Originally posted by yzeater

I probably should say it then shouldn't I. I've never broken a bone yet
i'll be looking for your post on the injury forum soon. :scream:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
No_Mo is healing up well. He is using the helmet as a symapthy magnet for the chicks though, and the high school football boys are gonna break other bones if he doesn't stop. Worked so well his sister is taking it to school today. I think I'll bring it to work tomorrow and see if any magic is left :)

motometal

Lifetime Sponsor
ok, this is really weak and lame compared to a "real" injury, but I have a really bad cold. It's no surprise what with the near lack of sleep for a week. No regrets. It does make my week back to work a bit tougher, blowing by doze ebery tirdy secods!

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
Slo Mo, glad to hear No Mo is ok. Gotta turn lemons into lemonade somehow, right? HAHA... Hope he heals up fast. Give him my best!!!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
Just got back from doctors and i get to keep the cast. No Surgery!!! Atleast for now everything is still in place and starting to mend. I complained about the cast hurting alot and he said if the bones set enough by next wednesday he'll put me in a walking cast. Its soft and has adjustable straps so i can remove it or adjust the tightness as needed. I still wont be able to put weight on the foot for atleast another 4 weeks. I'm happy! :yeehaw:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Good news tj! :aj: You'll be out and about before you know it!
The nice part about the soft cast. . . taking it off for a shower or bath.

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Good new TJ. Hope you heal up quick and get back out there on your new 450. I know I am loving mine. Taking it to the track for the first time tonight.