JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I haven't heard anything about Gomer's condition, or Lori's attempt to drive the big rig home. I hope all's well. If anyone has any info on injuries, epilogues, etc, we'd love to hear about it.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
JP as of now I went to the ER Sunday night and they found a small fracture just below the knee. The swelling is way to much for any determination as far a ligament damage. I am going in to the Ortho Surgeon Thurs Afternoon to see if he can tell anything

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I tore both MCLs. The right one completely, but I think the left one is still somewhat attached. The initial diagnosis for the back is a muscle spasm induced by a severe impact. I'm not too sure about that though, because it still hurts way more than I would expect for something like that.

I went to the ER yesterday and go to the orthopedic surgeon this afternoon.

I still don't understand how I landed on my head and tore both knees and hurt my back.

We drove straight through with the exception of a 3 hour stop south of Tupelo because of severe rain and another hour when they closed I-20 in Birmingham for an accident. Lori drove an hour and a half in eastern Arkansas and another hour when we hit SC, I did the rest. Ironically, the drivers seat of the RV is more comfortable than any of the chairs in the house!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hope you heal up well Gomer, my thoughts are with you and the rest of the injured from DW. Hang in there bud, we'll ride next year.;)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I had to figure out some way of getting out of the spanking you and Thump were going to give me in the "A" race...just wish I could have come up with something less severe.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
:scream: Dang Gomer. Why did ya go and do that? :ugg:

Hope you can get fixed up by DW03. I plan on pokin ya with a stick in person. :thumb:

You too oldguy. ;)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Gomer,

What a bummer man! Hope you heal up fine. It was great riding with you while you were upright.

Thanks for letting my tour the track on the CRF450, what an awesome bike!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man Gomer, when you get hurt you do it big time :eek:

I hope you recover soon so you can ride that new 450 more.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Looks like i might of lucked out some with my accident. I got a cast put on my foot today and they said if the bones would of popped out of place i would have to have screws and plates put in. Since they were relatively close to normal position i only got a cast. Fine by me since i didnt want to have another surgery and longer recoverly time. They'll re x-ray them next wednesday to make sure nothing shifted. If the bones shift then i have to have surgery. Atleast i get to miss work for 6 to 8 weeks! :yeehaw: But it does suck not being able to walk for that long. :(

Almost Yamaha Blue! :)

Attachments

• foot.jpg
    foot.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 617

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
my chapped butt cheeks are healing up pretty good and the blister on my thumb is getting better too. Do those count??

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Aimee
I'da cooked my way out of that mess had the opportunity occured. Had the secret weapon - shrimp skewers in the freezer just in case bodily harm was Imminent !

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by Tree jumper
Atleast i get to miss work for 6 to 8 weeks! :yeehaw: But it does suck not being able to walk for that long. :(

You are correct sir, although I think you will even miss work! I did anyway. Not being able to walk is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. Hang in there though and be tough! Hope you heal up fast and require no surgery.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I had to figure out some way of getting out of the spanking you and Thump were going to give me in the "A" race...just wish I could have come up with something less severe.
I have a feeling that we would have been the ones getting spanked. Honestly I just wish I'd have stayed on both wheels for the race.

Heal up Gomer! and start preparing for next year.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
The "conservative" surgeon (2nd opinion) convinced me to let him put pins in the two smallest on Tuesday. If he can align them without cutting he will. Then he sticks a hatpin kinda thing in each one and leaves them for 4 weeks. No news as to how long before I can walk. Maybe I will find out on Tuesday. It will be done under local, and will only take about an hour.
I told him I had to drive to Fort Stockton the following day and he said I shouldn't have any problem. We'll see, it was kinda cranky driving out here (Fort Stockton) today. Gotta love cruise control.
I asked my boss if I could have some time off ... He just looked at me in the mirror and said ... NO :whiner:

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
man, that sucks for all you guys that broke stuff. ive never broken a bone yet (knock on wood). I did sprain my ankle at DW, its fine. 380EXCman said he couldnt hardy button his pants this morning cause his hand was so sore. the doc in stillwater said to squeeze a tennis ball for therapy.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Here you go Tony....a little memory for you. This was about 2 minutes before you took a nose dive out of the wheel chair and saved yourself with your......broken toes!!!

I sure hope you're feeling better soon!!

Attachments

• dwtonyeedshosp.jpg
    dwtonyeedshosp.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 472

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by dave186
ive never broken a bone yet (knock on wood

you shouldn't have said that. i'm presently recovering from #8 (that i know of). all from motorcycles.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by mx547

you shouldn't have said that. i'm presently recovering from #8 (that i know of). all from motorcycles.

I probably should say it then shouldn't I. I've never broken a bone yet (knock on wood)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by yzeater

I probably should say it then shouldn't I. I've never broken a bone yet

i'll be looking for your post on the injury forum soon. :scream:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
No_Mo is healing up well. He is using the helmet as a symapthy magnet for the chicks though, and the high school football boys are gonna break other bones if he doesn't stop. Worked so well his sister is taking it to school today. I think I'll bring it to work tomorrow and see if any magic is left :)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
ok, this is really weak and lame compared to a "real" injury, but I have a really bad cold. It's no surprise what with the near lack of sleep for a week. No regrets. It does make my week back to work a bit tougher, blowing by doze ebery tirdy secods!

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Slo Mo, glad to hear No Mo is ok. Gotta turn lemons into lemonade somehow, right? HAHA... Hope he heals up fast. Give him my best!!!

Top Bottom