dirtpoor

Feb 19, 2005
I'm getting ready to change my stock pipe and silencer. I've heard great things about the new platinum 2 pipe and was leaning towards it because it's same price as fmf. However, I just found a place where I can buy the fmf pipe for $28 less. Is the platinum 2 pipe still worth the extra $$?

Roland C

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2002
They are both good pipes. The platinum 2 would probably fit better. FMF doesn't have the tightest tolerance controls. Are you looking at the FMF "gnarly woods" or "desert"? If you want low end, don't get the platinum 2, get the FMF gnarly woods. For top end, platinum 2 and FMF desert are both going to work really well.

dirtpoor

Feb 19, 2005
I already ordered the fmf gnarly woods and powercore 2 silencer from throttlehead.com. Pipe was 179 and silencer 75. Blowout special . $60 less for complete exhaust system than anyone else!!! Couldn't pass up that kind of deal. :cool:

Sep 15, 2004
I put a fmf gnarly on my ,05 200 and it REALLY opened it up. I have also put an fmf silencer on it and had no problems with the fit at all.From my experience go with fmf.

bentbars

Nov 9, 2004
I chose pro circuit, because of all the experience they have with developing and racing kawasaki's. I have the platnum, and it really opened up the motor performance.

CZ511

Mar 2, 2003
Dirtpoor thanks for the tip. Throttlehead is the way to go! I just ordered and a Gnarly woods & Turbine core 2. Throttlehead seems to be a great find. :cool:

Top Bottom