Is the GasGas worth $800 more than the KTM?

kazarw

Feb 23, 2000
[h1] WHO CARES !!!!!! [/h1]
[h1] Put the padlock on this FORUM!!![/h1]

[h1]
:MAD:

That's better.......

------------------
01 520EXC
88 CR500

Rocky Rockchucker says: "My sticks and stones (roost) will break your bones, AND you'll never pass me..."

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I posted this info. in another thread, but just had to revive this one. In an earlier post Kali said "this is getting good".

It just got better.

I discovered last night that the originator of the thread, 'who had decided on a Gas Gas', bought a YAMAHA WR250F.

Hey Kali, I hope you read this, because 'it just got better'.

------------------
Strick '99 KTM 300mxc, AMA & BRC member

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
You just love stirring up trouble, dontcha Strick!
wink.gif

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by LawManNv:
I have been searching the net for the past week looking for info on GasGas motorcycles. Everything I've read has been very positive. There is a dealer about a hour away who is going to let me ride a '00 EC250 this Sunday. He is asking $6100 for a '01 XC250 which will be in this month. But, I found a KTM dealer in California that is selling 250EXC's for $5299. Has anyone ridden both of these or similar models and what would justify the higher cost of the GasGas. Thanks in advance for any replies.

LawManNv

At the same price the KTM still wins! RIDE ORANGE!!!!

LawManNv

Sponsoring Member
Feb 10, 2000
After all of this I went out and bought a Yamaha. Like I told Strick in the other post, I have always likes four strokes better but they were heavy pigs or the lighter ones were so under powered. This bike has good power and feels very light. I think it can hang with any bike on any trail (If the rider is able). It isn't as nice the KTM 4's but it was way cheaper and was in the showroom. Price is the reason I was sticking with two strokes.

LawManNv

------------------
'01 WR250F
'00 KDX200 (For Sale)

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Ok,....what can we argue about now....

Originally posted by 380EXCman:
Offroader - I remember watching you in the old slow headlight kickstand Class. B]

I'll bet Offrder would do just as well in that really fast B class you where in. Oh yea and this year were gonna swipe Tuners headlight,... Then he'll have to ride the A class!
eek.gif
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Shaw520 (edited 03-21-2001).]

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
wink.gif
Man I love you guys............

------------------
More to follow im sure.....

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
See, let's see a four stroke whack weeds. Or, better yet let's see you carry one around my yard whacking weeds!
cool.gif

------------------

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Actually Strick, the four strokes are invading that market as well,..they have 4-stroke weedwackeres, and I just purchased a "vibra-screed" machine for my business(concrete vibrator), it is a 26cc honda 4-stroke, pretty darn quiet, and I can use it indoors without wearing a gas mask.!

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Can it be used for anything else?

Hey Patman, how long are you going to let us be stupid for????? I bet Ivan would have already closed this one.
tongue.gif

------------------

Magellan

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 14, 2001
I was all set to make my next bike the KTM 250 4-stroke that is coming out, but I guess now I'll have to wait so I can check out the GG one as well. Just looking for more quality parts than what the Jap manufacturers are putting on their bikes. I think I bent my stock bars leaning my bike against a tree...

Thanks for the entertaining and mind-opening thread..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom