gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
You know, kxjet got me to thinking when he asked if taking some leave time (military) was worth it to attend the Reno ride.

I thought it might be fun for each of us veterans to post just a couple of things that we felt made the trip worth it to be there, to help those who have never partcipated in this gathering get a better understanding of this event.

For me it's getting to hang out with a bunch of friends I don't normally get to see but once or twice a year.

It's the KICK ASS desert riding! :yeehaw:

and it's laughing so hard my sides hurt and all the stress of everyday life just melts away in those 3 days. :)

What about you?

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
gospeedracer said:
You know, kxjet got me to thinking when he asked if taking some leave time (military) was worth it to attend the Reno ride.

I did *just that* last year and will be doing that again this year, but this time I'll take an extra day or two to recover :yeehaw:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
It's the people and the riding for me. The camping is very "interesting" and you will not be bored - man, is that an understatement.

Lots of closeby riding, drag racing up the hill, pod racing, waterfalls, testing all the different bikes.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
The riding is amazing!
I didn't get much socializing in, for I was still in my shell and didn't drink enough liquid courage ;)
Also, I went on long hard rides and was so dang tired all I could think about was sleep and Tylenol :ohmy:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Awwww, come on bsmith, I thought we did a good job of breaking your shell. :) You'll be there this year, right?

NEOregon

Jan 24, 2004
Is it worth it? The short answer: YES

The long answer: Last year was my wife’s and my first trip. My wife had heard about it and was going to attend (with or without me) with a friend. At the last minute, the friend couldn’t attend, so I took my wife. The first day we met some great people and had three days of great riding. The social events in the evenings were great also. We both were better riders after the event. We rode some new types of terrain and also received great instruction from some of the other people there. The best thing about the trip was some of the new friends we met. One couple we met was very special to us. They like to ride as much as us and we got together this summer for some riding in Idaho. We not only plan to attend this year, but hope to attend every year as long as the event is held and/or we are still able to ride.

We, like most people have only so much time and money to spend. The annual Reno trip is now very near the top of our “Must do” list. I would give up being able to do or buy many other things to be able to attend Reno.

To those that people that make this event happen each year; Thank you very much.

Alan

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
It's a lot of fun, great high desert terrain, mucho night life, fairly easy to get around to the different places, but the host is a JERK!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Strick said:
It's a lot of fun, great high desert terrain, mucho night life, fairly easy to get around to the different places, but the host is a JERK!

Geez... I haven't been presented with an opening, straight line like this in years....!

Hmmmm...... nope, ain't gonna' do it.

Why? Because I like have Porta-Potties at the ride site!

You da' man, Strick! :worship:

(just keep taking those meds......) :laugh: - rb

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Strick said:
Yeah, he's such a jerk he let's a total stranger ride his bike all weekend.

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I might make it! It sure helps not being on Valentines day!!!!!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Good question ....

36 straight hours in my truck EACH way ...
24 degrees below ZERO in BFE Wyoming ...
Watching poor Lou try and figure out how to put the bra on my grill while I kept the engine going at dawn ...
Whore frost on the bikes from my exhaust ...
Seeing a sign that Reno was ONLY 480 more miles 24 hours AFTER leaving my house ...
Riding 40 minutes (at 50~60 MPH) back to camp for gas only to find out that we only 3 miles from a gas station (if we had kept going) ...
Sharing time with some of the finest people on God's green earth ...
The patch :yikes: ...
Moto slushies :yeehaw: ...
Flaming soccer ...
Sand hockey between the US and Canada ...
Kokanee ...
Wes finding me some Shiner in Reno ...
All the Canucks ...

On a scale of One to Ten, the Reno Ride rates a good solid Eleven in my book!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Hell yeah the Reno ride is worth it! That is one of the best vacations I have ever taken in my life!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Whore frost? Tony please explain!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
DWreck said:
Whore frost? Tony please explain!

Not what you think ...

Nothing about a witch ...
Nothing about brass ...

Itty bitty ice crystals covered every bike to the point that every last one of them was white. I don't know why, but around here that has always been whore frost ... although I might be misspelling whore ... :laugh:

J.Gordon

Jul 26, 2004
Hey I'm not new to this forum, just a lurker for most part. But I'm interested in this reno ride you guys keep talking about. Do you guys ride out of moonrock or somewhere else. Is this free for all ride if so when and where

Happy trails Gordon

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Well, it's not like government handout free, but close. ;)

All it will cost you is a few sawbucks for the porta potty kitty, plus
whatever toys you want to bring to play with. ;)

The return for this small investment is some of the finest memories you could ever get and an opportunity to meet a bunch of really nice folks.

We also get to work on foreign relations with some Canucks and this year there will be a Semi-almost-OZeiet!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
Not what you think ...Itty bitty ice crystals covered every bike to the point that every last one of them was white. I don't know why, but around here that has always been whore frost ... although I might be misspelling whore ... :laugh:
LOL, Hoar
1. White, or grayish white; as, hoar frost; hoar cliffs.

2. Gray or white with age; hoary.

Hoarfrost: Frozen dew that forms a white coating on a surface.

Still sounds naughty, and not quite as cool . . . ;)

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
So you going or not XRwebsters? :)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Thanks for the info. I learn something every time I log on.... usually about bikes. Thanks Tony and Pred!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Like I'm going to look out one morning and exclaim "Look at the hoar out there!"

Top Bottom