GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Twenty days ago today, I said all those good-byes at Cooperland! :(

Over the years I have been to quite a few weddings, graduations, vacations, class reunions and social shindigs of that nature, but the difference between those events and DW'02.....I really miss YOU guys!!!

Whenever I look at the calendar now, I think of it it these terms: "Let's see, its October 25th, training at 8, staff meeting at 10, project due in 7 days, weekend starts in 2 days, and.....20 days since I last saw my buds at Dirtweek!"

If it weren't for the upcoming Reno Ride in February I don't know if I could make it to next October! You all are some pretty awesome people!! :thumb:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Awwh shucks! We miss you too! :whiner:

It feels more like 2 months ago since i'm cooped up in the house with nothing to do. Think of it this way, atleast work helps pass the time. The Reno ride is the way to do it. Keep having little get togethers and before you know it Oct. 03' will be here.

So when are you going to start sticking little dirtbikes in our cereal? :)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
I feel your pain. It seems like a long way off till the next one... I have not even riden since DW02, the bike is still broken and shoulder is jacked up. At least we all congragate here so we are not too far removed.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Same here. :(
Heck, my bike is still in PA.
I hope to go get it soon though.
I didn't even get to say," see you next year" to most of you.
I get my daily fix like Thump said.
I'll just go back to my DW2K3 planning. It eases the pain ;)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
A few short weeks ago it was a year away.... Now it's only about 11 months away!!! :) :yeehaw:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
We miss you to Natalie!! But hey, like Twinny says, it only eleven months away!! :)

I still wake up in the morning wishing I could fall off the tailgate out of my truck tent to smell that fresh country air and breakfast cooking all around. It was truly on of the greatest weeks of my life.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
The Tejas camp vowed we would get together for a ride after everyone healed up. Hopefully the rain will be gone by then. :ugg:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Up here it's more like "Hopefully there's no snow by then." We actually got a snow flurry a couple of days ago.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
WHAT??!! Only 11 months till DW03!!!:yeehaw: I gotta go pack, get to the store, grab some red bull, load the bike, get some kitty litter, grab my gear, there just isn't enough time.:| I rode for the first time on Wed, I really miss Cooperland. :whiner:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Natalie, I feel your pain. I miss everyone too! I had more fun that week than I have in a long time.

Originally posted by slo' mo
The Tejas camp vowed we would get together for a ride after everyone healed up. Hopefully the rain will be gone by then. :ugg:
January :whiner:

We gotta meet in Ponder at the Ranchman Cafe one Saturday to plan for DW03. Can't start too early, besides the Ranchman has killer CFS!

Only 3 weeks till the pins come out and 11 months till DW03!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'm riding for the first time since DW 02 this Saturday. Man I was beat up from DW - riding 6 straight days on my old tired body. I could hardly hold on to my bike in that second Moto Sat. I'm rested now and ready for our 2 day trailfest IV ride though. See ya ll in 11 months!!!

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Natalie, wasnt that a great trip! I looked forward to DW02 since the day I left DW01. All things bike related now are put into some kind of relation or comparison to DW. Its hard to get the trip out of my mind. See ya in 48 weeks.
Walt

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by Tree jumper
So when are you going to start sticking little dirtbikes in our cereal? :)

:yeehaw: Dirt Bikes in the Cereal!! Dirt Bikes in the Cereal!! I'll call Marketing on Monday. PS, no one is going to get that but you and me!! LOL!

At least the good thing about missing everyone from Dirtweek - my email address book is a lot fuller and only a day or two goes by when I don't hear from someone I met :thumb:

Last edited:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
I rode for the first time on Wed, I really miss Cooperland. :whiner:
Tigger & I headed out to the local "blue groove" Sunday a week after we got back to find it wasn't as much fun as it used to be. I don't think either of us rode more than 3 laps. After riding Cooperland for a week the local track just aint cuttin' it! It's been raining every since so no riding anywhere around here.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Natalie, when are you planning to post a 250RFS ride report? Have you even ridden it yet?

MMMM, dirtbike cereal. . . :thumb:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Not only has it been 20 days since I've seen my Dirtweek friends, its been 20 days since I saw my kTm!!! SFO and fe_princess brought it back to San Francisco safe and sound, its at SFO's machine shop, I just have not been able to go into the City and pick it up, and I'm going nuts just thinking about riding it!

But your timing with the question couldn't be better because I am heading over this Sunday to pick it up finally. I'm very excited!!! It will be so great to see SFO and fe_princess too :thumb:

I've been dreaming about taking the kTm up to Forrest Hill, my favorite place to ride. I can't wait til my first crash when I pick up the bike and casually push the e-start. That is going to be so sweeeeeeet. :)

I'll be posting pics very soon! :yeehaw:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
What is this e-start that you speak so fondly of???? My only experience with e-start was the proverbial incredibly "E"mbarassing situation of having to "Start" the 426 on the trail with a few people piled up behind me while I kicked my guts out in the miniscule ravine. :(

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
I can't wait til my first crash when I pick up the bike and casually push the e-start. That is going to be so sweeeeeeet. :)

this could be a first. someone looking forward to crashing. :confused:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
The only thing better than a two-stroke is a four-stroke with a happy button. :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I just got home from picking up my kTm!! Gave it a bath, still had some of that red Oklahoma dirt on it. I got really melancholy just seeing all that red dirt ;)

Anyway, I got to visit with SFO at his VERY COOL machine shop in San Francisco. Fe_princess is sick and could not make it so I did not get to see her :( PM her a get well wish if you can!! SFO's machine shop is this HUGE warehouse style shop downtown with lots of windows high up to let light in. There is EVERY type of equipment you can think of inside to work on metal and I got the grand tour. Got to see some of the projects he is working on for customers and it was all very unique and interesting.

Again, I marvel at the whole DRN connection: Join DRN --> Go to Dirtweek--> meet cool people--> buy new kTm---> stay in touch with cool people!! :thumb:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Hey Natalie.... I know where you are coming from. The KTM I have been waiting so patiently was delivered to Corpus Christi, Tx for me so I could pick it up when I came in from offshore. :cool: The worst part was being only 7 miles out and I could see the beach most days when it wasn't raining the 14 days I was out there. Well, today I come in off the rig and go to my buddie's house to pick up the new scoot and he meets me at the door. He has scrapes all over his nose, hands, arms, legs and he is limping and moving slow. Turns out he took MY bike for a ride down the street and he dumped it on the pavement and it scraped him up and dislocated his shoulder. :think: Now, I am thinking this may not be too bad, but I find out he broke the footpeg completely off the bike and the rear brakes don't work now. :whiner: :flame:

He paid me for the peg and I ordered it from the local shop in Louisiana from his house while still in Texas, now I have to get the brakes working and hopefully have no more rain here this week so I can ride this weekend.

I guess the good thing is that he wasn't seriously hurt, but I will be really bummed if I don't get to ride this weekend. I haven't ridden since DW 02 either.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Randy, that absolutely bites!! I just got back from showing off MY new kTm to Karna&Justin and Justin rode it around the neighborhood street too (but he didn't crash!!! LOL!), he really liked the bike, pointed out a few other after market things that I missed when you were 'splaining the bike to me.

I hope you get your brakes figured out and get to riding your new bike by this weekend!!! Hang in there, it will all come together.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Wow Natalie! How exciting! Pictures soon?

Randy, welcome back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom