Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
in his best Cartman voice 'Screw you guys I'm going home"

JS7.com said:
James Withdraws From The Nationals
Posted on 08/25/2010, 4:27 pm, by Ryan Cooley, under Blog, News.

After more than a week of training and testing since his return to racing at Unadilla, a difficult decision was reached today by James and his team to withdraw from the remainder of the 2010 AMA Pro Motocross series. Due to his abbreviated Supercross season, James, with the full support of his team, had hoped to return to the track much earlier in the National series. Thanks to a slow-healing wrist injury, however, James did not receive the medical clearance he needed until just a few short weeks prior to Unadilla.

Unfortunately, despite a sincere attempt to make a strong return to racing, the rush to do so was quite visible when the dust finally settled in upstate New York on August 14th. Though James had a good run in Moto 1, the lack of physical preparation and challenges with bike set-up forced him off the track early in Moto 2. Though they’ve had some time to make adjustments since leaving Unadilla, James and the team have decided they just aren’t ready to compete in the series at the level they are accustomed to.

“At this point, I honestly just hope my fans will understand,” James commented. “I said before that I wanted to be on the track starting with Hangtown, but the slow healing nature of my wrist injury made it impossible to do so. Watching race after race and not being a part of the series has been very difficult. All along my motivation was to get back to racing and return to the outdoor series for my fans and sponsors. And though my wrist is feeling great, it became obvious that I’m just not ready to race at that level yet. As much as I’d like to be out there, I need more time to prepare so that I don’t put my entire career at risk by getting injured again. I’d like to apologize to my fans first and foremost, as well as to the series and my sponsors for being unable to continue.”

James’ planned return to racing is now set for Anaheim 1 in January. Of all people, James knows exactly what it takes to prepare for a Supercross championship run, and he’s now digging in deep to put in the hard work required over the next few months to have a successful 2011 season!

“We had every intention of racing Southwick and beyond,” commented L&M Team Manager Larry Brooks. “But sometimes you have to see the bigger picture and make a decision based on what’s right, not on what you’d like to do at the time. We’re a Team and we have to do what we feel is best to ensure we have every opportunity to win the next Championship.”

http://js7.com/2010/08/james-withdraws-from-the-nationals/

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
What a loser.. I don't have respect for a guy like that at all.. Shades of Chad Reed..

When RC was going thru is stomach issues during his Honda years, I'm told he crapped himself every time he got on the bike. But he's a racer, and racers race. They don't make excuses for why they don't race. Especially lame ones like "We couldn't get the setup right".... Like I'm supposed to believe that they don't have any of his settings at all from years past and just can't figure it out. Right..

He didn't come right out and dominate, and he got shunned by Roger Decoster, so he's gonna go cry in the corner..

Good riddance to him.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Looks like Roger got it right, eh Bubba?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I think it's gonna be up to the younger guys like Dungey and RV to provide us with the next real champion. Bubba and Whiney will cry thier way out once they start getting beat consistantly. Blame it on the bike!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
His performance at Dilla proved he was not a good choice for the MXoN. Now his fweelings are hurt.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
Makes sense to me. Given he only wanted to ride dialla was for a MXoN bid, makes good business sense to start getting ready for the SX tittle.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Good business sense...really? By blaming it on the bike? Making his team look like morons because they can't set a bike up? He's not only done damage to his sponsors, but also to his own "Stewart" brand.

If he would have come out and said "hey, I'm not in shape to compete, these guys are too fast for me right now, I need to go back and take the gina out of my mangina" he might have been able to save some respect, but to blame it on the bike is weak. If I were Yamaha, I'd be miffed.
Mind you, I'm not a Stewart hater at all, I like him. I think he's young and dumb (therefore I can cut him some slack), and has surrounded himself with dumb and dumber as far as handlers and PR goes.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
And so the saga continues. :laugh:

Freakin' LOSER! I really wish he'd just go away, anyplace else is fine. :think: wait I guess he did give that a shot and found out he couldn't beat Travis at the game Travis invented. Well at least all the other QUITTERS in the world can point to him as justification for them being lame QUITTERS.

Perhaps JBS (Just BS) should listen to Yoda. "Do or do not there is no try." :laugh:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If RC had been out for 6 months with a wrist injury, he would have come back with no excuses and the best cardio on the track.

JBS needs to fire his publicist. With the money he saves, he can hire RC to tell him to shut up, appreciate what he's got, and train train train.

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
Felt like I'd weigh in on this one...

Lots of valid points. I think Dirt Bike Dave is right on it. To me it seems like RC would not have come back until he was 100% ready: cardio, strength, speed, bike set-up, etc. In that sense, I think that is where James (or his handlers) screwed up. I'm not at all a Bubba hater, though not really a fan either. Full respect for the guy though and want to see him back out there ASAP!!!

If the goal was to be selected for the MXoN it seems that bike set up would have already been close enough, the healing process would've been 100% (doctor's stamp + JBS own stamp) and fitness would barely, if at all, be in question.

Seems none of those things were at a level that was satisfactory.

That being the case, I don't see how he, Larry Brooks, Yamaha, etc. could have thought it would be a good move to try for it. It seems the situation was not correctly assessed by anyone involved, nor taken as seriously as it should be.

JBS is fast. No doubt. But, he hasn't raced in so long that it defies logic to give him a spot on the squad w/o seeing him back in a race environment. Further, it appears teams were all being announced so I assume there was some form of deadline to submit rosters. The MXoN selection shouldn't be handed out like candy based on past performance alone. The Euro's are fast and will be bringing the heat. Fortunately, The Man knows that all too well.

All that said, 3rd in the first moto @'Dilla on a bike that wasn't set up properly (hard to believe as that may be), out of shape w/ a still hurting wrist... look out when SX starts. I believe he will be on fire next season for SX... of course, the competition is not sitting still. Gonna be a great year!!

JBS... get well, get fit, get your bike set up and get yer arse back out there!!

RoadDawg

Jul 10, 2009
Bubba got a taste of TV and realized that he doesn't have to work at that. Good riddens to ya.. I like Dungey and Vilipoto better anyway.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I thought I would weigh in. Not a Bubba hater either, but the guy has way too much pressure on him to bring in the dollars. Imagine racing non-stop from the age of 3, with that "Mini-Dad" on your back. Now he supports his entire family and entourage. James is a classic case of an athlete groomed for success at too early an age.
He's burnt out and it shows.

Larry Brooks is not too bright either. You think as his team manager, he would help James make some better racing decisions. Brooks sucked at KTM and he still sucks.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
I just wonder if bike setup is so easy... Why do most of the big teams spend a huge amount of time and $$ testing/getting their bikes dialed in to prepare for the nationals?? Seems like some of you experts should email the teams and let them know that it is just a matter of adjusting a few dials and clickers... and they will be good to go. It surely would save them a lot of $$ which will be good for the sport in such a tough economy...

Seriously though... It was obvious that JBS was not ready to compete in the nationals. A reasonably healthy and conditioned JBS could have finished top 5-10 on a stock bike... I don't see what the point of him racing the last few rounds at well below 100% would be. He would just be risking even more injury that could plague his title hopes for 2011 sx... If he was smart, he would have just not come back at all and saved himself some hate.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If he was smart, maybe he would have had his cardio dialed in time for Undadilla.

FWIW, he was healthy enough and his bike was set up well enough to be fastest qualifier and to podium in Moto 1.

Lots of racers race when they are not 100%, on less than perfect bikes. Pointless? Well, maybe not to their fans and sponsors.

IMO, he could have stayed out there at Undadilla, taken his lumps, and come back stronger for the last rounds, in hopes of winning a moto or overall. Then he could build upon the progressa nd use it as momentum for the SX season.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
or he can see if Travis' manager has any open slots, flashback to his dominating days and get a 2 stroke, do some backflips and get a monster truck.........buahaaahaaa :cool:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I was at 'dilla. Stewart was fast and he did look like he was fighting the bike late in the first moto and right from the start in the second..still wish he wouldn't have dropped out.

I agree he should put in his time and gut it out like the more hard core. But when you get right to it, this is show business. His faults aside he's fast and fun to watch. And the Unidilla showing proved he still is fast, just now either a bit out of shape or Dungey and the Euro fast guys have upped the bar a bit. Gives you all someone to either root for or against. One thing is for certain, all eyes are on Stewart when he races. He's good for the sport.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I can see some one getting burned out when they have been doing it for so long. Even RC must have been getting tired of the training, injuries, which has got to be more than most humans could deal with for any amount of time. He would still be winning if he had stuck around, he didnt quit because he was getting beat. He quit becuase he was ready to move on. Just go train for a marathon or something of that nature. Even though I love running my first marathon was my last. The training just gets old. And that was a one time thing, just imagine doing that your whole life.

Now throw on top of that the money that will let you do what ever you want for the rest of your life, and it might be easier to throw in the towell than you think.

I think Bubba just doesnt want to say I am done! He has proved he is fast but never really won as many titles and respect that he thougt he would have and thats killing him.
He doesnt seem to have the mental drive anymore, and that is the more important than any training I think.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I the family really does "need" him to ride to support them then maybe Big Just BS and Mom need to realize they should be getting a job. A realy job other than expecting their kids to support them. It makes no difference what efforts and expense they went to so that their kid could be successful that does not entitle them to live off the kids efforts, you do that for your kid and not yourself.... unless you are pretty screwed up.

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
I went back and re-read over all of this and I wonder if many would HATE(yeah there is some flat out HATE going on) Bubba if he wasn't a black racer? I think not. I guess much hasn't changes since the days of Andy Jefferson.

Mitch Payton Thank You So Very Much for everything you have done for Motocross (some will understand that sincere praise).

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
SMMWest said:
I went back and re-read over all of this and I wonder if many would HATE(yeah there is some flat out HATE going on) Bubba if he wasn't a black racer? I think not. I guess much hasn't changes since the days of Andy Jefferson.

Mitch Payton Thank You So Very Much for everything you have done for Motocross (some will understand that sincere praise).
Wow, really... you think it's racial? LOL.. Well played. Some unfortunate, comments? Yup. Racial? Nope.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
"Not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character."

Andy Jefferson MXed a Harley :worship:

Top Bottom