samham

Nov 22, 2002
I just read something over at racerx that Jeff Alessi may be rideless after the next round. To this day I still ask why their dad made them start in the big bike class. Both brothers are very talented when you move past the hype and crap that all happened when they entered the pro ranks. I think they were jipped of alot of respect and rewards they could have earned in the lower class. My 2 cents...

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
samham said:
To this day I still ask why their dad made them start in the big bike class. Both brothers are very talented when you move past the hype and crap that all happened when they entered the pro ranks. I think they were jipped of alot of respect and rewards they could have earned in the lower class. My 2 cents...

Ummm were you asleep in 2005 when Mike finished 3rd in the 125 Nationals, or while Jeff was finishing 24th that season? How about 2006 where Mike finished 4th in the West Coast lites SX or 2nd in the MX Lites National series?

From the sounds of things the only thing Tony regrets about his dealings towards the kids careers was putting them on those pumpkins for a couple of seasons.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Going to the big bikes is a viable option for a young rider since the Lites class is so packed.

From reading the article, it sounds like Jeff could get a ride in Europe, or in the USA with a new sponsor on a bike he likes less than the one has has been riding.

He's in a tough spot, though. Basically, he has not shown quite enough to be a top candidate for a future ride with a factory or a big name sponsor. So its up to him to find a way to prove he deserves the big bucks. Ultimately, he might be forced to accept that he may never get rich racing motorcycles.

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
as much Mike and Tony have made a bad name for the family, that interview supports my hypothesis that Jeff is a pretty decent guy. And frankly, I know that Mike was a punk kid, but I've seen a much better persona from him the last two years as well......go figure that kids change as they grow up.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
XRpredator said:
and I hate RC.
Strange.
One would assume that anyone from Planet Hillbilly would LOVE nascar.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Good one

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
I like Jeff better than Mike.

I don't like Tony.

and I hate Van Halen because they SUCK :whoa: .

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Of late Jeff has been riding pretty good. The last tv interview with Mikey was hs best, at Freestone. And I sure hope he enjoys these 2nd place finishes, cause this next season will change that!

samham

Nov 22, 2002
Hey Chili, no sleeping going on here!,, ending up 24th in the class (Jeff) is hardly grounds to move up either is not claiming a title in either east or west or sx. My point being, I think they moved up to fast, especially jeff who will suffer by being rideless.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Rich Rohrich said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRpredator
I like Jeff better than Mike.

I don't like Tony.

and I hate Van Halen because they SUCK .
You need to define the relative degree of suckage, comparing each iteration for gross suck value, say, perhaps in millimeters (or inches, if you like your beer warm,) of mercury, or some other absolute suck-measuring value that we can all identify with.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
"suck"= 1-3
"SUCK"= 4-6
"SUCK!"= 7-10
"SUCK!!!"= 11

Based on this scale, RC and Van Halen are only at a point of mid-suckage. Now... putting these two in the same room together would be off the charts based this scale of measure.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Sucks, on one side you have the ability to pull a golf ball through a garden hose. The other, maybe like a leaky harley. And of course rule number 1, if you suck 1 gourd, you are a gourd sucker forever! RC, even sporting a never go away spot of lip herpes, only sucked when he retired. Van Halen on the other hand, broke the scale of gourd sucking!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
OK, but which version of Van Halen sucked more, most and Maximus?

Enquiring minds want to ....... wander?

No, know.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
ALL van halen sucked like going to church in dirty racing gear! Wasn't there 2 brother van halens? The guitarist was good, the long haired, bubble but singer defined gourd sucker. Who is Tony? Preds' favorite nascar driver?

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Why? Where is Mike going? Jeff, now that is another story. Still putting in some of his best efforts.

Mmmm, look at all the holeshots and 2nd place finishes this season, that's what I am looking at where he's going. Well until redbud anyway.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I see on Racer X that they are asking for donations.....

Maybe they could ask Mike for a couple of bucks. :nod:

I've got better things to spend my $ on, like me and my family.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
...and we all have better things to spend our time on than this thread. Someone please shut this down...

Top Bottom