sethg1981

Mar 14, 2013
I just got back into dirt riding. I dont want to take my bike in everytime I have an issue. So Im on jetting. Im hoping somebody has a good starting point for me since everybody around here seems to have the same answers. Either-bring it over and Ill fix it-or-take it in-.

I have a 2001 RM250
In Boise riding between 60-80deg temp

Im just trying to get it running well all around. No crazy track riding or anything. I want to say Im running a 172 main and I couldnt find a # on the pilot jet. Air screw 1.5-1.75 turns out.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
reeds, pipe kit, airfilter, and "oil" /oil mixture , will all have a affect on the way it runs,and jetting
also how hard you ride, if wide open a lot ... theres a lot to take in consideration

sethg1981

Mar 14, 2013
My bad. Pro circut platinum, I believe stock silencer, twil air dual element filter, boysen super stock reeds, 32:1 mix and bel ray oil-I think. Ran out last weekend and dont remember what I bought. I ride alot of mixed stuff. Flat out trails into slower stuff. I would say Im at the top end the least amount of time.

I set the float and put in the new reeds yesterday. I am taking it out this weekend to see how it runs I was just looking for some input as to where look next if its still running iffy. Heres a quick vid.
(wont let me post vid) Youtube search ***2001rm250 running odd*** with the little stars and it pops up. User name seth g

It dosnt seem to be smoking alot more then it should (right crank seal) and I pulled the stator cover and didnt see any seepage from that seal.-got my little inspection mirror and gave it a good look without pulling stator. Little bit of gunk on silencer didnt smell like anything but 2 stroke oil.

Also pulled and cleaned the hell out of the carb. The air screw rubber looks worn but needle and seat looked great. Dont know if the air screw o-ring would make it run like that.

Top Bottom