ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
I have read a bunch on the stickied jetting thread and links. But was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge on my platform. I have a 2000 CR125 Engine. Just rebuilt. Stock bore. FmF SST pipe Turbinecore2 spark arrestor. Vforce 3 reed cage. FmF website says start with a 350 Mj and a 50 Sj 3rd clip on the needle and 2 twists out. I just wanted to hear if anyone could say nah skip that save the money, I found this to work better or not. I'm at 500'-700' above see level. Temps 70-85 degrees F.

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Bike is still cold starting hard is why i'm doing all this. But once its warm she starts right up. troubleshooting the reeds first so I can cross it off the list. and while I was at it grabbed the exhausts so this is why I'm gonna go ahead and jet it up.

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Oh outside temp is only in the 60's but that shouldnt effect it that much. I'm talking cold starting like engine hasnt ran in a couple of days.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Start with a fresh plug, clean filter and run the FMF specs. Make sure the carb is cleaned out extremely well. Pull all the jets and the choke plunger out when you clean it. Make sure you spray it out good then blow it out with compressed air through every little passage. I just went through jetting my 03 and it ended up pretty close to FMFs recommendation. I always get a few extra main jets to experiment with.

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
I think the last time I checked. I remember seeing 380 and 45 I wanna say I should of wrote it down I have had them out like two or three times. just need to check the needle clip position. try that first. If it runs good I"ll wait till I get borred and throw the JD jet kit in.

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Received my JD jet kit just waiting on my Fmf SST and turbine core 2. JD recommends a #420MJ, 32.5 pilot J and the red needle at 3rd clip. anyone experience these formulas? I'm at sea level to 3,000' section of the directions.

Top Bottom